Chapter 16- Past Mistakes Threatening The Present✅

All rights reserved
© 2017 #KCMmuoe
Angelo

Forgiveness is a beautiful gift. I always used to think that I was not worthy of forgiveness; until my father said he forgave me for going out on that fateful night and told me he was thankful to God that I was alive. Being pardoned brings about a feeling of freedom , for the person giving the redemption and the person receiving. I had to learn to forgive myself first before I could accept that I had no control over what happened. I couldn't predict what was going to happen that night . Cleo knows one of my secrets. I have already told her that I love her and I mean it from the depth of my soul. Making love to her lights my body up in ways unimaginable.
I feel alive and she doesn't know that she owns me and has my heart . I don't want to cause her any hurt or put her through any heart ache or heartbreak. I'd rather hurt than see her cry. I know I have to tell her about what I did in the past. She will know I just need time.

Before I went to mass I stopped by the family therapist/ psychologist . I told her everything about Giovanni and Cleo . I aso told her about my Bella not knowing what I did in the past and having nightmares that she would leave me. I made it clear to her that I wasn't being dependent I really wanted Cleo she gets me . I knew my dream last night was triggered by keeping part of my past away from Cleo but she will understand. Like I said I think what we have is sure fire. I had a background check done on her and she is clean. Duncan's a distant family member from my maternal side .He too was hired by the "boss" with Paul and Nicolai to protect me. Talk about complicated and he broke the code by sleeping with my then wife. My dad was right all along ; I have to find a way to let go of Gio. By the time I was done with therapy I drove to the address Cleo sent me. I knew the Church I had been going to the same parish until my messy divorce . Cleo is good for me, my dad has asked me for days what she managed to do by just asking and a kissing my forehead.
She looked cute this morning with her Navy blue pencil skirt and white blouse . I understand why she couldn't work for me, but who ever is hiring her better not try keep her away from me. She's mine all mine . I've lived long enough to know what I want ... I pulled up into the first parking space and I spotted my dad's car and Paul's car.

I walked inside the Church as soon as the bell was rung by the priest for everyone to stand. I walked in and took a seat at the back .I could sense Cleo but I couldn't see her. Mass went as normal until holy communion. I saw him. He put his hand on the small of Cleo's back to make way for her. He calmly followed behind. I couldn't help but feel a surge of jealousy pass through me. He was going to get a piece of me after mass. I didn't care about what the priest said about looking at things from a different perspective...When mass was over I headed straight for the confessional room and I was done ten minuets later.
When I stepped out the door I saw my father and my best friend talking. The guy who was sitting sitting next to Cleo was waiting by his car which was next to mine. He looked familiar ... Then it dawned on me Brendan. As I walked closer he saw me and gave me an envious look. I smiled at him and all I got was a blank stare.

" Hey Brendan ."

"Michelangelo. I guess congratulations are in order."

"For what? "

"You're Cleo's new guy ?"

"Thank you Brendan ."

"Hurt her in anyway and I will..."

" It won't happen ."
Brendan and I shook hands.

"Paul also likes her. So you have competition . She got the job as his PA and she really wanted the PR gig . She's not saying anything. "

"That bad?"
He took his hand back

"Yes and one if your exes ... Her name evades me but she used to be a teacher was playing mean . She's been quiet all morning. Get her to talk somehow. Take her out to lunch or..."