Chapter 39 - Family bonds✔

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe
Angelo

Ever since Gio was taken from me; my biggest fear is losing everything I've ever owned and loved. Therapy with Brent has been going well and I'm making progress. This morning Cleo suggested we do therapy together, and I was going to suggest it to her but she beat me to it.

I love making love to her and I hate it when we fight... She makes me want to be a better man and fix the mess I made. I never cared when I fought with my exes but with her I care so deeply. I'm changing in a good way and she has me wrapped around her finger.

I was lost in my thoughts when she walked in dressed in a blue and white floral maxi dress and kissed me. We had just finished our heart to heart when she answered the phone . I had switched mine off this morning after confirming a dinner date with my father . We had agreed that we'd go out after Mass. We found middle ground before we ended our conversation which was good considering how we left things yesterday morning .

By the time Cleo was done talking to Carlo she told me that; there had been an accident and my father was involved. I was in no state to drive because I was in shock. The last time my father was involved in an accident , I caused it . I was in an altered state state of mind , feeling all sorts of angry and I lost it . I shot him on the chest but he survived because, he had a bullet proof vest underneath his shirt and I thank God he made it through. The day I shot him was the day I stopped using. When we made it to the hospital I walked in with Cleo and saw ;Rachel , Carl , Duncan and Nina we were headed inside when we were stopped by security. Thinking Cleo was behind me I was allowed to go through and when I turned around she was outside arguing with one of the guards.

I was on my way out to go tell them she was with me but I was stopped by the doctor coming out and mentioning my name. The men posted outside were for protection. They didn't know about Cleo but knew about me and Nina.

"Michaelangelo?"

My attention snapped back to the doctor ...

"Yes what's going on and don't tell me what you think I should hear ."

The doctor was in blue scrubs and he looked calm.

" Both men are okay .We managed to take out the bullets. Mr Prelli and Mr Massa are okay but we need to keep them over night."

"Thank goodness . Can we see them?"

"They are still out of it give them time, I suggest you fuel up. It's going to be a long night ."

The doctor walked to the other side of the room with Carl. I turned around and I was met by my mother's Angry face."

"Michel what took you so long. We've been waiting for an hour and a half and you were unreachable.!"

" I was getting ready for mass .Pa and I had dinner plans with Cleo . We were stuck in traffic we got here as fast as we cold . "

" you don't live from here your club is just down the road."

Nina pitched in with a remark acting concerned...

"I was with Cleo she drove me here. "

" Again she's left you high and dry ."

" she didn't we had problems with security. Where is she?"

"I don't like her!"

"She's not yours to like .You better stop attacking her are we clear? "

"Or what?"

"Don't test me."

I was getting annoyed by the second and Nina tried to calm me down by stroking the back of my neck and I ducked away facing both Nina and Rachel.

"Michel why are you so cold. Is it your piece of ..."

"Shut up Nina . You're in no position to talk down on someone who is more than woman than you are."

"Is that why you're having her followed? ... Or don't you trust her?"

"She can keep her legs closed which is more than I can say about you ,because she hasn't cheated on me. She also knowns how to cook properly too."

"Is that why she's fat ?"

"Don't insult her. "

"I haven't started."

Rachel had a look about her that set off alarm bells in my brain.

"Michelangelo I don't approve of your relationship with that girl."

"She has a name Rachel and I love her unconditionally."

"We don't approve."

"Liar dad loves Cleo like a daughter. "

"I don't she's not like the other girls."

My phone started to vibrate and I answered it walking away.

"This conversation isn't over. Massa speaking."

"Hey Blue . "

"Hey Bella where are you babe?"

"I'm in the car"

"Is there something wrong with ... "

I stopped when I realized I had an audience of two and the fact that I didn't want them knowing about Cleo .

"Nothing's wrong . I'm just not in any mood to fight. How's your dad?"

" He is fine."

"That was quick."

"We took an hour and a half to get here"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not angry my love . Hang tight I'm on my way. I love you."

"We love you too."

I hung up smiling .

Carlo walked into the room and when I looked at him he pointed at the door .

I walked out with him and as soon as we were in the elevator he spoke.

" Michel ;something doesn't seem right with this whole accident."

"Rachel is sleeping with the enemy."

"How do you know?"

"She had a look I've known since I was at school . I need to keep Cleo's pregnancy a secret . I trust you and Paul. "

"What are you saying?"

"After I make things official with Cleo I'm taking her away ."

"You can't do that."

"Says who ?"

"Your father . Nico warned them before time so they weren't injured , however they want to make it know that Cleo is pregnant."

"They can't . She will be in danger. I can't have that. My answer is no."

When the doors opened something felt off . When I turned the corner there were cops outside the hospital where we parked.

I started running to where Cleo was and stopped in my tracks when I saw who she was standing with.

It couldn't be she can't be alive after all these years. My heart knew wgo my girlfriend was standing with, but the realist in me was in denial.

© #KCMmuoe