Chapter 35 - Flashbacks & Rebirth✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Cleo

I've had a couple of close calls in my life . However sometimes you tend to remember events or phases that, helped you build your character or changed you in some way . I didn't see what happened to me coming especially after I thought something was wrong with my pregnancy the day before.

Brendan wanted to meet up for breakfast and touch base. We hadn't talked for months; my guess was that he was in some kind of trouble and I had a sneaky suspicion Angelo was helping him. Brendan is a food guy he just mixes with the wrong people who take advantage of him.

I had forgotten my phone at home and Angelo tracked me down using Blake and he ended up calling Brendan's Phone to talk to me. I missed him and I couldn't wait to see him.
Once Blake and I we're done with breakfast and talking, he insisted he drive me to the station. I had surprisingly seen the woman who was smooching Angelo with another guy who seemed dodgy . I left the bakery with Brendan and I was feeling offish but played it down. Basically while we were stuck in traffic I has a feeling I wasn't safe. We were a block away from the train station and I slipped off my seatbelt to reach for my bag. I was about to click it back on when we heard wheels screeching and the smell burning rubber filled the air. We heard bullets from a distance. Panicked I looked up trying to comprehend what was going on before I knew it I felt impact , saw white and it felt as if my head smashed something hard . I was lost in what felt like a nightmare. Twice in one week I've unintentionally put myself and my unborn babies in danger, when I didn't mean to . I didn't hear, or feel my body been taken out of the car . All I was doing was floating in limbo . I felt like I was in a dark hole and needed to wake up . The feeling is familiar. Its like going under general anesthetic . The fear of not knowing you'll wake up or not is scary...But you will wake up . There is a moment between sleeping and waking up when all your switches jack up . The moment the accident happened, my whole life flashed before my eyes and the moments waking up felt like coming back to life again. My eyes shot wide open and I saw him. He was looking outside the window and he was crying . My head hurt so badly and vision was a bit blurry but I knew who it was . I can sense his energy and deep down in my heart I knew who it was. I had no mask on my face neither tubes . I took a deep breath , even though my head hurt I was trying to figure out where the hell I was and what was going on.
I closed my eyes and heard the door open .

"Mr Massa?"

"Dr Raphael ."

"Have you eaten anything since yesterday afternoon?"

"No. "

"You know I love you like a son and your father is my friend."

"A man who lies to their son about being the head of an organization, that was responsible for providing the narcotics I was addicted to . "

"He loves you. It broke him to see you hit rock bottom and the night you had your stomach pumped , he cried and blamed himself for you almost losing your life."

"The delivery last night went smoothly. Lisa flew in and caused trouble."

"We'll I guess congratulations are in order and Cleopatra just needs to wake up."

"I brought a packed lunch for you. "

"Thank you Uncle Raph . You sounded different over the phone."

"Ha ha . My voice has aged. Your father called me and he said; he knows about the pregnancy. Why didn't you tell him?"

"We haven't talked in two weeks and if Rachel finds out Cleo will be an easy target."

"He won't tell he that I'm sure of. He loves you."

"I know and he has a funny way of showing me that."

"Someone else loves you too ."

"Who?"

"Cleopatra."

"Our babies ?"

"They weren't hurt."

Thank God my babies are okay . I have to try and wake up again.

"Thank God . "
I tried to open my eyes wider and I could see clearer .

" Angelo ?"
I tried to talk but I could only whisper

"Bella?"

"I'm scared ."

The doctor turned around to check if everything was okay . Angelo stood by me and held my hand.

"I was scared too Bella. "

"I saw Lisa at the bakery."

The doctor stopped suddenly making me worry .
"What? "
"Lisa."
"She's dead ."

"How?"

"Brendan shot her . She tried to kill you. She flew in for a delivery but she was seen with the enemy... "

"Are we in danger ?"

"Nope."

"Don't lie to me. "

" You were but I took care of it..."

The doctor spoke;

"Cleo where does it hurt?"

" my head and heart because Angelo is lying."

"Massa."

"We are not safe.The accident wasn't an accident. It was a hit gone wrong. Rachel called it."

My heart sank and I started crying.

©2017 #KCMmuoe