Chapter 10 - Risks and Emotional issues✅

All rights reserved
©2017#KCMmuoe

Angelo

If you never try you'll never know. That's what I tell myself when I take decisions concerning the heart. I have taken risks before. My now ex wife left me with a broken heart and took everything. The women that followed were a waste of my time until I found Cleo. I'm thankful to God for sending her my way. Something just feels right and she looked familiar ; as in I was with her in another lifetime. I had the strangest dream last night it felt like I was back in an era , the Roman era I was a king and Cleo was my queen from far away . I'm not crazy ;just the other day my father asked me if I had romantic feelings for Cleo. I can't lie to him so I came out with the truth. He promised to stay neutral and not tell my step mother. I've always set boundaries when it came to my personal life. She's meddlesome period. She already gave Cleo a hard time for no reason and Cleo was so forgiving of what happened on Friday morning. Asking Jane to give me her key for Cleo's apartment was a risk that paid of with a reward that kept on giving . I have been with Cleo since Friday and now it's Sunday Morning... I think.
I had Nicolai bring me some of my clothing Saturday afternoon. He came with Jane and she didn't ask for the key back. Last night was memorable ; I got to cook Cleo dinner and she didn't complain at all . She loved what I made . Her kitchen is in order as in labels on the cupboards , recipe's and meal plans on a magnetic clip board. I wanted to make it official but she suggested we take our time. We both didn't mind the friends with benefits part of our relationship/ friendship but she made it clear that she wanted to be swept off her feet and start the relationship right. I was slowly waking up from the best sleep I've had in and I was feeling cold. I stretched my hand out and she wasn't there . I opened my eyes , sat up and looked around the room and I found a travel mug with a note on the bedside table reading;

I didn't know what to call you. I could say sleeping beauty but you're not a woman. You're a very handsome man . So sleeping sexy will do. You're adorable especially when you snore. Made you some coffee. Black no sugar . See you soon💜

I reached for my coffee and phone. I sped dialed Cleo's number and she didn't pick up which worried me . I looked at the time and it was eight thirty in the morning .Does Bella ever sleep ? I saw a voice note from Gio and opened it.

"Papa . Mama is back. She's with grandma and aunty Ruth. She took me away from Nano and Nana. Call me please . I love you and Cleo. I want to stay with you not mommy. "

My heart sank .What the hell Jenifer isn't allowed near my son . My head was about to explode and I phoned my father as fast as I could while dressing up. This cant be happening He picked up immediately.

"Pa . What's going on? "
"Your ex wants to see her son."
"No she can't ! "
"I tried my boy but I was right about Gio. You didn't listen. "
"He's mine. Not hers."
"No he's your cousin's .She came in and took him. They're at a hotel . She is also claiming she signed the papers under duress."

" The custody or divorce?"

I went to Cleo's jewelry box and looked for my watch .She told me she put it there last night because I stress too much. She even called Giovanni and we had a long conversion. My boy sounded happy when he said goodnight and this morning he sounded all sorts if sad. He doesn't need Nina right now.
I was in Cleo's jewelry section of the closet and not only spotted my watch but a bracelet that looked way too familiar .I reached for of and unblocked it. I was the only one who knew the mechanism besides my father ...

"Custody. Which ever way you look at it , its messed up . You need to calm down. "

"I can't until I speak to him."

"You will at lunch. Do you want come with Cleo ? She's always welcome. Anyone you love is ."

"How do you know ?"

"I raised you ;and your mother loved how you always tried to hide your true feelings,but you're eyes gave you away."

I walked out with the bracelet and sat on the bed .

" Same thing Cleo said and Nina and the other girls just say I have dreamy eyes. She doesn't just see me she sees right through me."

"Does she know?"
I took a deep breath.

"No . Not yet and one more thing Pa .She's the girl I saved that night . The same night I did the last job for those guys. I just found the bracelet you gave me . I can't tell her without saying what I was doing. "

"You'll find a way. I love you."

"Ti amero .Ciao papa ." I clicked the bracelet on and it locked at the clasp. I pressed the wings and it opened up to reveal a miniature picture of my mother's face. I placed my phone by the nightstand , closed the bracelet and cried. God forgive me, I didn't mean to do what I did. Switching off the plug was the hardest thing I'd ever done. I'm going to have to tell Cleo at some point .I love her I do and me finding the bracelet changes everything...

"Angelo what's going on?"

Oh hell her voice sounds raspy. How much of the conversion did she hear. Oh hell . I don't want to lose her .
The fear of losing Giovanni to Nina and missing my own mother at the same time was just too much. Cleo walked to my side and sat down next to me . When I lifted my head to look at her through the blur of my tears,I just shook my head and cried.

"She cannot take him . He's my boy, she can't just come out of the blue and say he's not mine. He has a school he goes to, friends and she... She just can't ."

Cleo looked at me confused.

"Blue what's wrong? "

" Nina is back. She says Gio isn't mine and she can take him. My father says my cousin is his father."

" Gio looks like you. He has your eyes."

"Same ones my cousin Thomas has..."
I stood up and so did Cleo

"There must be an explanation. What does your dad say."

"Lunch."

"What?"
I took a deep breath .

"We have a family lunch this afternoon. Everyone is going to be there ... I can't go dateless."

"Need a friend?"

"Please say yes."

Cleo kissed my neck and nodded.

"If you stop crying and go get cleaned up. "
I bent down to kiss her and she kissed me back.

"Thank you ."

" pleasure . "
Cleo started changing the linen and I took off the bracelet and watch .

"Massa how far your family home?"

"An hour and I'm driving."

"Okay ."

"What are we?"
Cleo turned around at the door.

"Friends. I'm taking these sheets to the washing machine. See you in a bit ?"
" fifteen minutes."
"Drama king."
"Drama Queen. Ha ha ."

Tbc

©2017#KCMmuoe