Chapter 58 A twist of fate 💔💔 ✔

Angelo

Any sort of rain is a good sign. I love rain, the smell of rain on soil is an amazing smell. It was lalready evening and Cleo hadn't shown up. She was supposed to be here four hours ago. The storm had already cleared and the sun had come out to play and so did everyone. Cleo said if she didn't make it on time;my mother would bring out the cake. I felt like a kid again. Ryan had been with Cleo's mother and the twins talking and it looked serious, Paul and the gang organised games and we also had a photo booth and gratitude packs.

I have to admit that something felt off and amiss. I felt like half of me was missing . My mother had caught me looking out to see if Cleo had come through and she looked at me with sad eyes and pointed upstairs . When I made it to the study she started talking.

" I'm sorry for not accepting your relationship sooner. I just couldn't let go. You are my son and nothing will change that. I got jelous.When Cleo called me and told me that she forgave me I was shocked. After the way I treated her ; I expected her to hate me."

"Mama she has a big heart full of love and forgiveness. Kind enough to forgive and protect when it matters the most. She isn't like any of the girls I dated ."

" I know. I was just afraid my boy but now I will try and make up for what I did . "

I gave my mother a hug and a kiss.

" I love you mama. Even though I have a family now and another little Massa on the way ,you are my number one girl. You always have been."

My phone rang and it was Paul. I was needed downstairs when I went back Paul was about to close the Celebration. It was already nearing six in the evening and there was still no sign of my baby love. Its not like her to miss my special day . Paul introduced me on stage and asked everyone to turn around and I pressed play. There was a video that had a montage of my time with my parents ; friends , girlfriends , kids ,and finally Cleo. The last part of thee video reduced me to tears . It was a message from Cleo.

Paul whispered in my ear .

"You lucky man . She's probably at home ready to give you a..."

I swatted my tears as fast as they came .

"Shh my wife to be is talking."

Cleo's video message started playing .

"Hey Blue . Happy Birthday. You are an amazing friend; lover and father. I'm so blessed to have you in my life . I hope your day was everything you'd hoped for and more. I love you with all of my heart. "

She blew a kiss to the camera and smiled at me.

Where was she? After the applause and thanking my friends; I kissed the twins and Gio goodnight . Ryan offered to drive them to the guest house and a sober Paul drove me back to mine. There was no car or sight of Cleo. Paul and I went into the house and searched still nothging. I didn't touch any alcohol too. The car she took had no tracker but her phone did.

I tried to call and it went straight to voicemail; tracked her down and the coordinates were the ocean. Which was strange she wasn't a sailer .

" Massa get in here . You need to see this . "

"What?"

I saw the accident on the monitor and thought nothing of it until I rememberd the car Cleo took. My whole world stopped. It felt like I was watching someone I loved been taken away and having no power to stop it.

"They can't find the woman whose car was rolled over ... Why do you look traumatised?"

Before I could answer Paul; the door bell rang and I ran to answer it. It was a cop and a Sea Rescue guy .

" Are you Angelo ?"

I looked at both of them impassively , however I was freaking out.

"Who wants to know?"

"You're the last number Cleopatra dialed..."

"What's going on? "

The Sea rescue official got strait to the point.

" Cleo was envolved in a car accident. Her car was found but no body. When the weather cleared we searched, but we found nothing ."

"What needs to be done? Tell me I willl do it."

"MR Massa we can't find her."

Paul interjected

"What are you saying she's gone?"

Both men looked defeated .

"No . She's alive she has to be .I was going to ask her to marry me for goodness sake. No she is alive okay and you can't stand and do nothing."

"We will resume the search tomorrow."

"Search and rescue . This can't be happening... She is alive I know it. She can't be gone. They can't be"

Paul looked at me all confused.

"They?"

"Yes they Stone. Cleo is a couple of weeks pregnant. "

(c) #KCMmuoe