Escaping the CEO 2- sample

Chapter 2

Mad at Cleo and the world

Angelo
I have never been so angry with myself and at Cleo. It has been the longest three months of my life, and I have tried to be there for her physically and emotionally. I brought her flowers; food ,books and even read to her at some stage, but still she couldn't remember me. I showed her pictures to try and jog her memory; Gio also came through to tell her about cuddles , she was sweet to Gio, and honest but still she didn't remember a thing .

I don't understand how someone can just forget to love you , I honestly don't. I tried kissing her and she rebuffed me.
The rejection pulled the last straw for me and it was short. She triggered something in me that had been dead for a long time . She brought out a part of me that was beastly and unruly. It resulted in me smashing three vases of flowers against the hospital wall. The fear that set in her eyes when I snapped somehow fueled my rage . It took Brent and the men that were posted outside her room to get me out. I was so mad I fired them all. I was going to pay for everything with regards to Cleo's hospital bill but I decided not to. I was still not talking to my father and Gio was staying with them until that woman could get her memory back. Even in sickness she still manages to bring in the money. If I fire her I will be losing a lot. I am hurt. I have to find a way to keep things professional. Right now I could care less about Cleopatra. I don't want to feel anything. I'd rather be angry than show any emotion of weakness.
It was already Monday morning and I was well on my way to work. I had forgotten my phone inside my top desk drawer on Thursday, but I had access to my cloud and all I did was work all weekend. I needed to find a way to let go of Cleo and Make Brendan head of PR and communications. I had a meeting with the Communications department Paul was away and I was in charge so any decision I made was final.

My mother was right about Cleopatra. If she didn't decide to leave me; none of this would have happened. I wouldn't be at war with my father and I'd be building a nursery for our new baby... who we lost. I was drunk and yes I might have messed up but why couldn't she wait for me to sober up? It turned out that Bryan wasn't a threat he was just following orders from Rachel who is now dead. I had also arranged for the twins to come back home with Cleo's mother . Cleo's attorney had gotten in contact with me on Friday morning to make it clear that I couldn't take the twins away from her. I don't think I will ever get over the day I attacked her. I also still cannot forget what happened in the hospital room . I don't know how to explain to her that my anger stems from my sensitivity. I lost it at her I snapped. I needed time to cool off.

The last time I was that angry was when I found out about my father's involvement in my addiction indirectly.
I entered the office and as always Blake had my cup of coffee ready including my breakfast. As soon as I was done; we both headed downstairs , when I had a feeling he was keeping something from me .
" Blake ."
"Sir."
"Come out with it ."
"with what sir?"
" You seem very happy for a Monday morning . Is it Maria?"
" No. it is someone we all love . She is back , and maybe you can stop being in a foul mood."
" Me?"
" Yes you . We miss the old you. Cleo is still good for you ."
"We aren't together anymore and I could care less about her. She birthed our kids and that's it."
" wow ... okay .I won't ask. "
" Don't ."
" Just remember why you loved her in the first place ; before you throw away your only shot at love and a normal life. She is special... You said it yourself the other day."
" What's the use if she cannot remember me ."
I took a deep breath and the elevator doors opened .Everyone was already in the conference room so I headed there with Blake as soon as we both took our seats at the table I looked up and instead of Brendan sitting at the far end of the table I saw her. She looked at me and I looked at her. For a moment I thought I saw recognition reflected on her face, but she cut her eyes at me and focused on her tablet. I was still angry.
" Good Morning everyone. As you know this weekly status meeting is held to track everyone's progress and pending changes . However before we begin I need to inform everyone about a monumental change . "