Chapter 27- Secrets✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe
Cleo
This has been one of the best weekends in while. I went to work Friday morning expecting things to be normal , considering what had happened the week before with Angelo . I had already forgiven him because I know he thought of Gio and how Nina lied , he also confessed to me last night that he thought he was dreaming. My poor baby.

This morning he suggested I stay with him on a permanent basis. I had told him how scared I was that our unborn child's life was in danger and how I wanted to keep my pregnancy secret. My mother already knew and she was happy for me . Angelo vowed never to let anything happen to us . He trusted Paul and that was enough . My clothing style had totally changed because when I went shopping with Jane on Saturday while the guys watched football the whole day and I had to go to a different section . I knew how to hide my bump with fashion tricks and I was having fun.
Today was Monday so I went for a basic blue flared skirt and a white floral printed v neck cotton sweater. I left Angelo sleeping and went with Jane to work. Call it first time mommy jitters or fears but I really want to keep my baby safe . I have an eating schedule already and my ultrasound this afternoon after work . Oh snap I forgot to tell Blue . I will call Blake and ask him to clear Angelo's schedule from three in the afternoon. I feel fat most of the time but I'm looking into exercising while pregnant . I'm not fooling myself into eating for two but I'm eating enough and having balanced meals . By the time the clock struck twelve I was already done with my work . I remembered I needed to phone Angelo; I forgot to take it out of my bag reason being I hit the ground running. The people I worked with at Massa regarding brand management had been in contact with me , they wanted to Paul Stone instead of Massa because Ruth didn't know what she was doing.

When they found out I worked for Paul Stone they wanted come on board only if I was heading the PR department. Sophia messed that up so they commissioned me to work for them. I had already signed a contract to be Paul's PA and my "side job " I did in the evenings.
I reached for my blue tote bag and yanked out my phone , sat on my chair and took in the view. I was about to call Blue when I saw a thread of messages . Ten texts from Angelo and twenty missed calls. The last message was marked urgent and it was five minuets ago. I pressed the call button and he answered after the first ring . Thank God he wasn't in a meeting.

"Cleopatra . "

Oh no he's angry. I can tell by his tone.

"Michelangelo. "

" You're making it a habit of leaving without saying goodbye. Have you any idea how panicked I was this morning when I didn't find you?"

"I'm sorry; I didn't want to wake you up."

" Wake me up I don't care , you haven't picked up your phone all morning , I'm going half crazy.I've gotten used to the fact that I wake up with you and when things change I get worried ,suspicious and jealous. "

" Aww babe I'm so sorry I didn't mean to.What's up ? "

"I'm on my way with lunch. Stay put."

" Okay I will. I need to discuss something important with you anyway. Just don't stay mad at me."

" I'm not . See you in five minuets . I miss you."

"I miss you more Blue."

" I love you. "
"I love you with all of my heart."
I hung up, turned around only to lock eyes with Sophia.

" Sophia?"

" You don't know the monster you're sleeping with . I do,and when he's bored with you he will keep breaking. Your heart. "

" Are you done?"

" No. Paul isn't in his office . I needed to run a few things by him. However since you're here . We seem to be having trouble with numbers and Ruth mentioned you slay when it comes to getting the right people. "

"That you need to discuss with Paul. I will schedule a meeting for this afternoon at one thirty. "

"You're not going to suggest anything?"

I started feel queasy

" Nope. If I recall correctly you said I don't belong here and that the only reason I was in line to head the PR department was because I was sleeping with Angelo ."

"Yes."

"No . I didn't know who Angelo was until the week Ruth fired me and you assaulted me by pushing me down the stairs . Paul came to my rescue."

I was feeling nauseas and on top of that I sensed Angelo's presence

" Paul likes you. In fact he loves you. You don't see it. He looks at you the same way Michel used to look at me ."

I took a deep breath

" Sophia you're starting to antagonize me . I'm only going to say this once. You're being unprofessional and don't you for one second think I don't know about you pulling moves on Angelo. He's mine not yours ."

" You are so gullible . You don't see it do you."

" See what Sophia ?"

"Michel is part of an organized crime family."

My head started to spin and as much as I wanted to get up I couldn't .

"You're lying ."

"I'm not . He's father is the head of some organization . Michel left three years ago . Ask him how he got hooked on booze and drugs and how easy it was for him to access them. You don't know the man you're fucking."

" Right and you do?"
I was getting annoyed and irritated by the second and I knew I just needed to give Angelo a chance to explain himself .

" Yes and you're not strong enough to handle him . He will leave you and I will be there . He is big enough and its just a phase that will pass . "

As much as I wanted to tell this troubled woman she was delusional and that he doesn't know Angelo the way I do . I stood up and walked towards my office bathroom.

" Oh. Okay . You know your way out and don't forget your meeting . Paul just confirmed. "

Sophia moved in front of me and gripped my arms forcing me to stop.

" Sophia let her go!"
Angelo burst in the door looking all sorts of angry and afraid . Sophia pushed making me fall on the couch luckily I didn't hit the floor.

"Michel hi I was just..."

"Harassing my girlfriend . Leave get out!"

"But I..."

Angelo held Sophia by the elbow, made sure she was out closed the door and locked it. He walked swiftly to where I was seated and gave me a hug. I pulled back and looked at him

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head and ran to the rest room.
Angelo ran after me . He was rubbing circled on my back while I was facing the toilet bowl. He handed me a towel and some water . I stood up and brushed my teeth rinsing my mouth with mouthwash. I looked at him and shook my head again.

"Is that why you can't sleep most nights Blue ?"

" What are you talking about?"

My throat was sore and I was sounding terrible.
" The nightmares you have ."
Angelo slid his hands around my waist and kissed my forehead .

" I was going to tell you ."

"Who are you?"

Tbc
🔜