Part 17

Jongin's POV

I tried waiting for her, hoping she'd give me the chance to explain.. I know it's too soon but I still want to try.

She came with Jungkook. Why do I feel like this? I'm just her bestfriend but how come I feel like that spot is supposed to be mine? Why am I being so possessive.

I looked at her but she looked away. Jungkook darted his gaze from mine to hers but she smiled at him sadly. They started walking and I was readying myself to talk to her when they just passed by me. Without thinking, I grabbed her wrist.

"Christine ah, can we talk?" I asked anxiously.

"Mianhe.. Not today." She said as she twisted her wrist from my grasp. She ran ahead but Jungkook stayed for a minute.

"Sorry. Please give her time. Whatever happened, it must have hurt her alot so please understand." He bowed as he dashed off to where Christine ran off.

I walked in taking what he said.

It must have hurt her alot

It rang in my ears a lot as I walked to my classroom until I heard silent sobs and cooing in the space inbetween lockers. I saw a guy hugging a girl as he stroked her hair. I recognized her black chucks with a small star on the white lining below the cloth part of the shoes. Christine was crying.. And I was the reason behind it.

"I'm sorry" I said softly then I continued walking to my classroom with my head bowed down.

~flashback~

"Kim Jongin, you've been a good friend towards my Tinnie ah all these time" uncle said.

He knocked on my door that one evening when my parents were away for a business trip. He asked me if we could talk and we ended up sitting on the bench in the park where Christine and I always play.

"Mhm" I said wondering where this conversation is going

"Does Tinnie ah ever mention about her having kind of guys she hates?" He asked

"Hmmm, cheaters and jerks. Those who doesn't take responsibilities of what he's done. That's what I've observed." I said shrugging and I saw him smirk.

"My Tinnie ah's mature." He said smiling sadly

"There's a confession I don't know how to tell her. Not only her, but also Kristine, my wife." He said

"I'm sorry I'm taking it out all on you" he said apologetically

"No don't be.. It's alright uncle. I'll listen" I smiled at him encouragingly.

"I have a son. Even before I met Kristine. He's 4 years old when I left him as I divorced with his mom. He's 19 right now as Christine is 14. He's 5 years older.. His name's Min Yoongi.. I've been mailing him but the mails suddenly stopped. I dont know what happened. I visited the old house but they weren't there anymore.. I should have told this to them before but I don't know. Should I tell them? Am I a cheater?" He asked tearing up as he held his face on his hands.

"Omo unlce no, it's not like that" I said rubbing his back trying to comfort him

"You're not a cheater. You had them before you met Aunt Kristine. It's not like you had two relationships at one time. That wasn't cheating." I told him

"But I didn't take responsibility. Christine will hate me." He said

"No she won't. I bet she might be happy to know she has an older brother!" I tried encouraging him.