Part 69

Yuri's POV

<back to the hospital before the Exo Concert>

Jungkook forgive me... I'm not as strong as I thought I was... I can't let you go.

I never wanted to ruin anyone's relationship, but how can I let Jungkook go? He was the only one who looked past my flaws and accepted me for who I am. He was the only one who took the effort to know me despite my cold-hearted front. He was the only one who made me feel like I could be loved, that I was loved. I thought I can let go for him... But my heart hurts. It's still yearning for him.

Yuri... Stop torturing yourself. Go to Jungkook and tell him, if there is really no chance of him loving you back, then you'll move back to America with your mom. That's it. That's what we'll do.

I decided to visit first Christine in the hospital before I talk to Jungkook. I bought sashimis and a teddybear for her, desperately trying to make myself feel better for what I'm about to do.

It's not that I hate her... She was really kind to me but... Tell me, how do you control your heart? It's an involuntary muscle for goodness sake. >.<

I took a deep breath as I slowly opened the door, only to hear screams of laughter. I saw Jungkook on the bed beside Christine with his evil grin, tickling the poor girl beside her. It was evident in his eyes that he was truly happy with her... Be ready, Yuri. Face the truth. If he loves her, go back to America.

"Yuri..." Christine noticed me.

"H.hey how are you?" I asked softly, approaching her bed slowly, handing her the gifts I brought for her.

"Better. How about you?" she asked with a smile that pinched my heart.

I couldn't help but apologize wordlessly... I look towards Jungkook who just avoided my gaze, obviously not liking my presence here. We'll talk later.

"I'll call the hyungs now." Jungkook suddenly said before leaving the room, walking past me, sparing me a glance before leaving the room completely.

Having a little chat with her warms my heart. I know why Jungkook fell for her. I mean, anyone can. It'll be hard to believe if Jongin or Jaebum didn't fall for her... Don't worry Christine. All I need is the assurance that Jungkook is 100% determined to be with you till the end, that you're the only one he loves... That'll be able to slap me back to reality and I'll permanently leave you guys alone...

"Oh- Yuri? What are you doing here?" Jimin's voice was suddenly heard as I jumped off Christine's bed to face them. How can I not know that voice? He's the member who hated me the most after seeing me being mean to that Hannah girl when she was too touchy of Jungkook.

"Leaving..." I said bowing to them. "Get well soon, Christine." I said before leaving the room that was filled with such tension.

To my surprise, I saw Jungkook sitting on the bench outside Christine's room. He was looking down as he spun his phone on his hands.

"Hey..." I softly said.

"Why did you message me such things? You love me but you can't let me go and all that.. And why is mom still pursuing the marriage?" he said not even looking at me as he speaks

"Jungkook I can't! I'm so so sorry..." I sat beside him as I cried silently.

"But Yuri! We talked already! It's Christine that I love! I'm done with this." He said, standing up and walking away.

This isn't enough. Why am I not convinced? Why does it feel like he's wavering of some sort?

I ran to him and hugged him from behind before he could leave.