Step

I tried not to twitch as Blue and I sat side by side on the staircase back inside the house. I'm praying my parents don't pop out of no where and demand that he get me pregnant before he breaks up with me. 

I wanted to stare at the side of his face until he told me what he was thinking. 

His face was so blank, I couldn't get a feel for what he was thinking. 

I also wanted to stomp on his throat until he finally told me all his secrets and exactly who in the hell he was picking. 

Me. In a contest with someone else for one man's heart. 

I use to swear to myself I would never beg for someone heart, never compete with someone else for a man's heart. 

I was suppose to be above that. 

Yet, here I was stress sweating, trying to swipe the nerves off my forehead and begging desperately he would choose me over anyone else. 

I just wanted him to choose me. 

But at the same time I didn't want to be a choice, I wanted there to be no competition. 

I wanted him to know it was me hands down, without any thought. 

Oh shit ... is he talking?

My eyes widened as I tried desperately to quickly catch up with the conversation, "-hard, but I know this will help" he finished. 

He turned to me finally, an expected look on his face. 

My mouth opened, but what the hell was I suppose to say? I didn't hear half the conversation! 

What if he uses this as a test to determine who the better girl is? One with listening problems isn't going to make the cut. 

Shit. Shit. Shit. 

Panic hit me hard as his eyes just say tuned to mine, "well what do you think?" he asked me. 

I licked my lips, what the hell could he had possibly said? 

I coughed, don't be a bitch, use context clues, "well what do you think?" I asked slowly. 

His brow tensed in confusion as he looked back at me, "what?" 

My eyes shot left, "what?" 

He sighed, "I knew you wouldn't like this, but I know this is right, at least for now" he looked at me cautiously. "I just need to figure this all out, you understand" he pressed me. 

So this comes down to a simple, yes or no. 

I have no clue what the two options will get me, but one has to be bad and one has to be good? 

Right?

That makes sense, right? 

Shit! He was right, I really need to get tested, this listening issue was a real problem. 

Yes .... 

Or no..... 

I squinted at him, "ok... yes?" I looked at him. 

His smile was large as he looked over at me, his large hand covering mine as he smiled. 

Thank god, I must have made the right decision. 

"So you'll just stay here, right?" he looked at me for conformation. 

"Stay here?" 

"Yes, at your parents house. Where else could you stay, once you move out?" he asked. 

I choked. 

This mother-

"Move out?" I coughed. 

Now he was looking at me like I was crazy, "yes, move out, we just agreed it would be the best option for-"

My anger hit a point that I never thought it could. I was madder than when he kissed that whore Ana, when he dropped me off that damned building, or even when he ditched me after I got injected. 

Even angrier than when my Mom pelted my friends with tampons in 8th grade. 

The types of anger that makes you do what I just did. 

Slap the love of your life with, hand breaking force. 

Blue's neck tensed as my hand made full contact with his sharp cheekbone. His eyes immediately turning to slowly orbs of hatred. 

This bitch asked me, the woman who went to ass breaking measures to get him from some evil unearthly plane, to move out of our shared home. 

Oh hell no. 

"You shitty, shitty, shitty, little insect of a person!" I hiss in his face as I slowly stood up to my full height. 

His jaw tensed as he slowly turned his head to look up at me. 

"The fuck and the you, that I'm about to lay on you is so massive, that even your ego would be impressed. I love you, you asshole, I almost died, for you. I- I can't even fully draw you a picture of the type of shit I've done for you, and you, you shitty ass individual, did you just as me to move out of the home that I not only helped you design, but kept standing when you up and dis-a-fucking-ppeared?" he opened his mouth to speak, "RHETORICAL!" I bellowed down at me. 

I knew once I stopped screaming at him, I was going to break. 

"I hope you have a GREAT fucking life, with that bitch. I hope you two have so many kids and that you have a nice little house on a fucking prairie. So go to her then, you sadistic son of a bitch. Hopefully she accepts your demented ass, like I so stupidly did. In conclusion, ... what was it I was going to say? Oh yes, FUCK. YOU." I bellowed as I leered over his seated form on the stairs. 

He slowly stood up, anger vibrating off his form, as his eyes slowly connected with mine, before his form then towered over me. 

His teeth were gritted so tight it was a miracle they didn't crack. 

"Katrina-" he grit out with so much anger, if I was intelligent I would have taken two steps back. 

But who doesn't love a challenge?

Just as he was about to no doubt strangle the shit out of me then dump my body in the dumpster outside, a voice broke through our heated glare. 

"Mr. Dun?" that air light voice shot threw us like an arrow. 

Our heads snapped at the same time, to come face to face with none other than the woman of the hour. 

His mate. 

That little bit of sanity I'd been protecting from my Mother for the last 20 years was about to snap like a pretzel. 

I looked  up at Blue, my eyes searching his face as his eyes stayed hooked to hers. 

Fucking ridiculous. 

I scoffed, "goodbye, Blake" I snapped before turning around and without waiting for him or her, stormed back out into the yard. 

Leaving my heart right there on that step. With him.