Epilogue Three

17 Years After Cirron's Fall

Katrins'a POV

My foot taps endlessly against the tiled floor, anxiousness running through my body, as well as anger. 

This seriously was not the day for this shit. 

Blue and I's company was going through a huge deal and I had a shit ton of paperwork to get through, that and Blue and I had recently came across some shocking news. 

Lia had resurfaced. 

My ex-best friend who needed a psych evaluation had suddenly popped up on our radar, the girl I hadn't thought twice about in 18 years, was suddenly back. 

That and her name was popping up in association with this dangerous organization of Supers called the Crusade. 

A group that had so kindly tried to murder me and my family a few times over the years. 

Her name face had shown up in some pictures that we had acquired of where the group was and where they were located. 

They were the largest group that Blue and I would have to go up against. Smaller ones had tried taking us on through the years and one by one Blue and I had gone in and shut them all down.

It was the only way to keep our family safe. 

So, again, I really didn't have time for this. 

I looked down at my watch for the millionth time, a deep sigh rolling past my lips. 

Everything was just spiraling right now, and I just couldn't keep up. 

Belen was getting antsy, her mind set on leaving home soon, once she turned 16. Bastiaan was actively trying to give me heart attacks with his antics, Bane had all but announced that he wanted to be a hero instead of a villain, nearly giving my husband a heart attack, and then there was Blake. 

Still so angry. 

Still so mean. 

And still, desperately wanted to be normal. 

It was a problem all of its own, Blue and I had trained her, prepared her for the life she was going to have, but we had also sheltered her. 

Unlike the others, she didn't see the men that set our houses on fire. She only saw Blue and I putting her and her siblings in danger. 

Where our other kids saw us leaving for a few days at a time to stop groups from coming to murder us all, she saw her parents ditching their kids to go on vacation. 

She resented us, and it hurt. 

But Blue had said that it was okay, that we could take it. 

He was fine having her hate us if he knew that in the long run she'd be safer for it. 

Which is why he had commanded our other three kids not to tell her anything, to allow her to think that we were terrible, to not be burdened with the knowledge that every last one of us knew we'd have to put her first. 

She'd be burdened with the weight of who she was eventually, she didn't need it now. 

And although it frustrated Bastiaan and Bane, it infuriated Belen. 

Belen hated the way that Blake acted and spoke towards us, especially since Belen knew what we had gone through to keep her safe, to keep them all safe.

I sighed again, turning quickly at the sound of the entrance doors swinging open. 

And there he was.