Dreams

I can't fucking sleep. 

My body rolled again in the satin sheets that were tangled all around my body, leaving Rhett completely bare to the cold chill in the room. 

He didn't move though, didn't groan or sigh in his sleep. 

He just let me take them. 

I had even kicked him a few times, and quickly shut my eyes to see if he would wake up and stare at me in annoyance or kick me back. 

Anything. 

But the man was dead to the world. 

So I was in misery, all alone. 

The curtains had been drawn tight, so I  could barely see the never setting sun's rays. But I knew they were there, and I just couldn't shut down, or fall asleep. 

Even though I desperately wanted to. 

I just felt ... almost static, dead tired, but almost afraid to close my eyes, to see where my dreams took me. 

And I had a really terrible feeling that I wouldn't enjoy what I was going to find. 

I rolled again, before snatching the pillow completely out from under Rhett's head. His head rammed into the oak headboard so hard. 

The noise echoed just as I slammed my eyes closed. 

He jumped with a start, I could here him shuffling before feeling his eyes turn to me. 

I pretended to slowly blink my eyes open as he looked over at him, sleepy confusion drawn over his face, "R-rhett? What are you doing up?" I deepened my voice, hoping I sounded tired and confused. 

He looked around in the same stupor I was pretending to be in, "lets just go back to sleep" he groaned before rolling over and face planting into the mattress. 

Then he was back to sleep and I was back at square one. 

He was so calm in his sleep to, not easily bothered, not annoyed that I had all the sheets wrapped around me, and three of his pillows under my head and legs. 

He just laid there. 

Damnit. 

I sighed, finally closing my eyes, and letting that creepy static feeling rush over my skin, lulling me into a deep wave of pure fucking panic, because not a second later I was falling, and falling and falling before crashing hard into the ground. 

My body laid out in a soft grass that rose above my spot on the ground. 

What in the absolute hell. 

I sat up quickly, looking around in pure shock and panic. 

I was in a field, an empty, dry field, with absolutely nothing around it. 

What the fuck. 

My dreams usually consist of me crying and begging my Mom to stop fighting my third grade math teacher after she had somehow gotten Ms. Applebee into a head lock. My Dad holding me up cheering for my Mom while I boo-hoo cried and begged her to stop embarrassing me. 

And that was a good dream. 

The nightmares were much more embarrassing. 

"Hello?" I called out as I looked around. 

This even feels weird. Like I'm in a fake place, but I know I'm asleep, almost as if I'm not in my mind at all. 

"Well, Katty, I've been looking for you" a deep voice sounded out behind me. Shivers raced down my spin as something akin to a deep sad longing rushed through my soul.