Memory Lane

Blue's POV

I kept walking, letting Sasha's words swirl around in my mind. 

But the second she had said she would keep her safe, something had relaxed inside of me. Slightly. 

I growled in annoyance as I finally sat down at a park bench, watching the kids get in their last minutes of playing before the sun finally set. 

They were all running around in chaos like little ants as their parents paid them absolutely no attention, to busy talking to one another. 

They didn't even look over to watch a strange man sitting on a bench and watching their kids. 

Dumbasses. 

I sighed, frustration running through my body as I sat on the bench. 

I was missing something, something so important, and I now knew it was all because of Ira. 

But I knew I couldn't properly kill her until I figured everything out. 

Something had jump started my memory, my control of my own mind. But until I fully remembered what Ira had buried deep, deep within my mind, I knew I would be stuck like this confused brainless person that I am now. 

I wanted to squeeze Ira's neck until her head popped off like a rocket, but if she was able to do this to me, then I needed to make sure I had my shit together. 

I wanted to kill Ira, but it wasn't as deep seeded as I knew it needed to be. 

Something was kicking me to make her pay, deeply, first. But I didn't know why, and until I did, she had the upper hand. 

"Excuse me, sir" a little voice cut through my mind like a knife as my head snapped down to meet the eyes of a little girl looking up at me. 

She had a huge hair of uncontrollable curls, and bright big blue eyes that blinked up at me. 

It felt like someone kicked me in the back of the head, from the deja vu. 

"What" I snapped down at her, narrowing my eyes at her suspiciously. 

"It is you!" she squealed making me tense as she clambered up on the park bench next to me. Her wide eyes looking up at me in pure glee, as her flew in every which direction. 

"Listen kid, don't you know you aren't suppose to talk to strangers" I hissed at her, while she blinked up at me with a pure look that reminded me of someone so bad that it almost hurt to stare at the little girl. 

"You're no stranger! We are friends, remember? You promised!" she smiled brightly. 

The trust in this generation of kids, is mind blowing. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "listen, Rava, I-" I stopped dead. 

She just beamed up at me, like I had handed her fifty dollars, no strings attached. 

I on the other hand was having a mini heart attack. 

I knew this child's name. 

And the more I thought about it, I did promise to be her friend. That day, that felt like a life time ago. I had sat on this same bench, staring at the same kids and parents in disgust. 

I saw her on the ground crying and because her ... hair had looked so familiar I kicked a little boy in the back and made his friends run away crying to help her. 

Because she looked like ... she looked like ... 

Fuck! Who did she look like? 

"Are you done staring into space?" she giggled lightly, making my heart clench as it again reminded me of someone I knew.