Lucky

Aria's POV

In simplest words, the face that Klaus was making when I wobbled back into the apartment after spending the majority of my day at Doom's science laboratories, was a mix between oh shit, and we should run away, now.

So you can guess that dropped my little happy high, super quick.

"What's the matter?" I asked him immediately, he was twitching endlessly. Every part of his body was moving, and if I looked hard enough, I'm pretty sure he was blurring in some places. He was in pure panic mode.

He gave me the smile of someone who had been stabbed repeatedly in the stomach, "we have guests" he choked out.

Who the hell would visit us? And make Klaus look like he was about to shit himself.

I turned the corner, pushing Klaus out my way as I stormed towards the living room, only to wish that I had turned right back out that door the second I had walked in.

Because sitting on the couch that Klaus and I had chosen together not even two weeks ago, were the last two people I wanted to see on this earth.

My fucking parents.

I nearly started choking and stumbling as they both looked up at me.

One face full of happiness and the second was barely concealed distain.

Oh, how I had missed my Mother.

Klaus' large hands landed on my shoulders as he walked in behind me, the absolute only thing that was stopping me from full on losing my mind and trying to kill my parents, or running away in full on tears.

It was a solid toss-up between the two these days.

Her cold, black eyes swept over me quickly, disgust clear on her face, before they settled on my very large stomach.

The feeling of protecting my child never hit me harder than it was at this moment.

My hands slowly slipped around my stomach, trying to protect my unborn child for her evil eyes, "Mother, Father ... what are you doing here?" I asked slowly as I watched the both of them.

My father's handsome face was behind his signature pair of large glasses, his curly black hair was combed back harshly from his face, like my Mother always made him do, even though he hated it. He was a skinny man, yet so tall. He was nearly Klaus' height. He was so kind hearted, he honestly couldn't help it. He wanted to be every ones friend, connect with every single person that he met.

How he met my witch of a mother, survived, and then married her, will always be a mystery to me.

The woman was practically conjured through black magic.

Her black hair was swept elegantly up into a tight ponytail, that swung to her back. She had on her signature black dress that showcased her amazingly tight body, and her tan skin was still so youthful, even though she was years past her prime.

I think in all my years, I had never seen her smile. Not for real, not with any real joy. She simply couldn't help to be evil.

My father had tried, bless his weak willed heart, he had tried to love me. To give me a sliver of a home, of what love was. He tried, but the second she realized our relationship was blooming, that someone could love me, she ripped him away much faster than I thought possible.

She had them spending months and months away from me at a time, and it slowly progressed to years.

I couldn't even properly remember the last time that I had spoken to them, in the eye, or hell when they last said my name.