Two

Katrina's POV

"I made a decision, Rhett, I know what I want. Thats why I'm here, I finally know what I want" I said, a sad smile on my face as I looked up at him, from his front door. 

I expected a normal ass, 'what have you decided'.

Not for him to pull me to his chest and crush his lips to mine. 

Not expected at all. 

And if my decision hadn't already been cemented before this, it sure as hell was now. 

I didn't feel a thing. 

Not a spark, just extremely awkward, which is probably why I had my eyes open the entire time, staring in pure shock. 

I stood frozen for a few seconds before pulling back out of his embrace. 

"Rhett ... I'm sorry" I cringed, keeping my hands on his chest to keep him away.

He looked down at me frozen, before something settled on his face, "so its him?" he sighed looking slightly defeated. 

I winced again, "I'm sorry, I felt like I should come and tell you first. I-I'm sorry if I ever led you on made you think that I could actually be with you. But its always going to be him, he just ... " I trailed off slowly. 

"Get's you?" he finished off for me. 

I really hate these situations, but I nod anyway, "he does, and maybe its not super healthy, but I think he loves me-"

"Think?" Rhett chokes out a laugh, looking at me like I'm crazy, "he's insanely in love with you, Katrina. He was just here telling me how he-" 

I went into dead shock. 

I shoved past Rhett so quickly and rushed into his house, shoving through his living room and int his kitchen, where an empty seat was sitting out. 

Oh shit. 

Rhett came in behind me, where we both turned and looked at the still open back kitchen door. 

Oh fuck. 

He had to have heard Rhett kiss me. 

I sighed deeply through my nose, just great, absolutely great. 

"Why not me, Kat?" Rhett asked turning away from the door, that was currently giving me breathing problems. 

Blue was a self destructive little shit. 

I had no doubt he was about to do something crazy, like set a bomb off underneath Rhett's car, or put dog shit in all my soaps and conditioners. 

Something insane. 

But worse.

I was afraid he'd cut me off, leave me behind. 

I turned back to Rhett, trying to focus on not throttling him for kissing me when he knew Blue was in the house. 

"What did he say when he was here?" I asked, feeling my mind race with new questions. 

Was he here to kill Rhett? 

Solid 70 percent.

"I thought he was here to kill me, then hide my body in my own basement. But he ... he actually was just giving me advice, I think" Rhett shrugged, looking a mixed between annoyed and confused. 

"Advice?" I asked him confused, "on what the best way to hide a body?" I snorted. 

Rhett sighed, "actually the advice on how to best keep you ... well happy I think. He was telling me that if you did in fact choose me over him, he wanted me to know that he wouldn't kill me if you did choose me, and that he ... he wanted me to understand you" he finished.