A Different World

Katrina's POV

The breeze blows across my face. 

The water crashes quietly a few feet behind me. 

The sand gathers around my feet, my hair blowing back into the small breeze. 

At peace. 

At last. 

"I love it here" a smooth voice rattles my eyes open. 

I'm on the beach, just standing there. 

My back facing the waves, as I look out onto the endless rolls of sand. 

I blink. 

What the fuck?

I turn around expecting to be back in hell, back on that humid plane with all that fighting, that blood, and my dead grandmother. 

My dead grandmother. 

Except theres none of that. 

Just was nice calming waves of a beautiful blue-green ocean, lulling me back to peace. 

But theres also Katya. 

She's dressed in a simple white dress. Its sleeveless and runs all the way down to her calves, where her bare feet are also sinking into the sand. 

She looks like an angel. 

She was always beautiful, the hair, the skin, the unnatural glow around her. 

But now, she looks ... otherworldly. 

Her eyes are that glowing brown that seems like new earth that had just been turned over, with a ring of striking white around them. 

She smiles brightly at me. 

No anger, no pain, nothing. 

She just looks absolutely fucking elevated. 

"Nana K?" I ask her. 

She nods, before putting her hand out towards me. 

I don't even think before slipping my hand into hers. 

We probably look more than sisters than grandmother and granddaughter, but at this moment I don't care. 

Because even though she was hard headed and didn't listen and often times mean as hell, she was my Nana K. 

She'd come around and create complete chaos, but she loved us. 

She loved me. 

I could feel it like a blanket on my skin. 

"I do" she nods quietly as we walk down the beach, the water crashing quietly beside us. 

I look over at her. 

Deep down I was angry at her, and I wanted to yell at her, but I couldn't. 

She smirks in my direction, "my place, my rules. No yelling at me" she smiles brightly. 

"Why am I not surprised?" I mumble drily. 

We continue in silence, before I finally voice it, "why did you let him do that?" I ask her. 

That peace I was feeling was slowly pulling away from me. 

I was tired, angry, hurt, and sad. 

She frowns, "because I love him. He was my creation, my very first. It needed to end, I wanted to go. I wasn't living there Katrina, I was just existing. My sisters, my Blesk, they were all gone" she sighed, still looking elevated and happy as she talked. 

"What about my Dad, and me?" I press as something heavy sank into my chest. 

Her smile dropped, before she struggled to pull it back up, "I'm saying goodbye to him now, too. Your father knows I didn't particularly care for my life here. He sees the pain in my soul. His gift" she shrugged. 

I opened my mouth to ask what the hell she was talking about, but she quickly cut me off.

"It started a very, very long time ago, Katrina. That fighting thats happening right now, is nothing but a continuation of what was always suppose to happen. When Cirron did what he did all those years ago, it needed an end. It ends with you, with all of you. He started a chain of events that led to you" she smiled over at me. 

"You could have killed him, you know. You could have ended it right there" I press her. 

She paused looking over at me, "maybe thats why he was created. To end me. But anyway, the reason I really wanted to talk to you was because I had been ... cushioning your powers" she tilted back and forth. 

I blinked, "excuse me, what?" 

"Cushioning .... syphoning ... softening ... whatever you want to call it. I was doing it. Listen closely, when you were young I created a string between you and I, it allowed me to pull your powers to me, keep them locked up. Which is why you never had any incidents as a kid, not until you met your Protector-Mate who pretty much shitted on my string and gave you more pull than I had ever actually given you. Now that I'm gone, all those powers are going to hit you, all those powers ... and my own" she finished, before shrugging at my dumbfounded face, "just a tip I thought you ought to keep in your back pocket for ... later" she shrugged. 

O.....kay?

"If you really want to do me a solid, you could tell me how to stop your snowflake of destruction back there" I sighed looking over at her chuckle. 

She smirked, "Cirron's pretty self destructive, I think you'll figure it out" she smiled coyly. 

I fake smiled, "thank you for all of that non-essential or helpful information" I mocked. 

She threw her head back and laughed. 

I blinked at her, "why are you in such a good mood again?" 

She nodded to something down the beach. 

I turned and squinted and nearly choked. 

There all the way at the end of the beach was a man standing in a white shirt and brown pants. His arms were crossing and he looked extremely annoyed as he waited. 

And there standing behind him, were two small children. 

A girl and a boy. 

My heart ripped, "they've been waiting for you?" I asked, my voice catching with tears. 

She nodded with a smile before turning back to my watery face, "now don't be a little bitch. Cry on the inside like a winner" she sighed rolling her eyes at me. 

I swear, sometimes she has a heart and other times she's a pure robot. 

"This life won't be easy Katrina Justice, but I think you knew that already" she smiled, before pulling me into her strong arms and crushing me against her chest. 

We stood like that for a while, just holding one another. 

"I'll miss you" I whispered, "even though you kind of sucked" I joked. 

She laughed, "I'll be watching, don't worry. I'll still see all your horrible decisions up close and personal" she chirped before quickly pulling back and then slamming her palm against my fucking forehead, sending my ass falling backwards. 

But I never hit the ground. 

No. 

I just fell back into myself.