Two Hundred Thousand Points

Katrina's POV

Now, I can admit, I've seen some shit in my day. 

I've seen a tall ass villain throw a lit cigarette on a building and commit arson. 

Up close. 

I've seen the shitty side of a gun pointed right in my face. 

I have even seen the extreme anger of a sociopath with the ability to shoot lightning out of his ass. 

Like I'm saying, I've set some shit. 

However, what passed over my eyes as I turned that corner, had a feeling rushing through. 

Utter a complete fucking fear. 

My dear old friend. 

That night where Blue cornered me like a small animal and followed me through that dark alleyway, that feeling of 'oh-my-fucking-shit' had been strong. 

Bing faced with a large prick with unbelievably superpowers can do that to a person. 

And even when Blue had stalked me like a fucking psycho, rounding that damn corner with that sick smile, that had melted when I swung that plank of wood into his face, even when he had dripped pure menace from his voice as he told me to run, even all that fear hadn't added up to this. 

That shit your organs out, then suck them back in through your ass, fear had been kiddy pool shallow to what was running through me now. 

Because for all Blue's terrifying fucking assets. 

At least he looked human. 

Or had that night I had run into him. 

What I saw as I turned that corner, that shadowy beast, that had black scales and leathery skin, with a snout so long, and fangs that were a glowing yellow, along with those wide red fucking eyes, put me on a completely different level of fear. 

The kind you can fucking smell. 

Not to mention his body was tall enough to completely stand over top of me. 

Overtop. 

Of me. 

The kind of fear where you aren't just going to shit out your major organs, but also vomit them up, along with a few bones like your fucking spine, because when that type of fear hits you, your body seems to shut down. 

Like maybe you did just shit and vomit all the important stuff out, because it sure as hell is not working fucking properly at the moment. 

Ana finally stopped dragging me down the hallway as we came to an intersection. I knew I had to look comical from the wince that Ana and Cha gave me when they looked back at me. 

"You looked didn't you?" Cha winced. 

I could only fucking stammer in her face. 

Fuck Blue killing Daniel, Riley, and Carson. 

I was going to do it. 

Their brilliant plan was to sell me to that .... there not even a name for what Raymond is, and they just thought I'd get away? 

Escape? 

I just witnessed a creature that crawled out of every fucking horror film ever. 

Ana kept her head swiveling as she no doubt listened for incoming company. 

I blinked at Ana, "we are more fucked that Anastasia in fucking fifty shade of grey!" I hissed as I gripped my chest. 

Ana huffed out her agreement, "I'm going ahead, I hear three servants guarding the next hallway, wait five minutes then follow" she quickly said before disappearing around the corner.