Patrick Stump x Reader - Party Gone Wrong

Warnings: drunk Patrick (?)
Word
count: 2 159

You knew this party was a bad idea the moment you entered the crowded house. The music was loud enough to be heard from the other side of the street, the air reeked of alcohol and weed, and most of the students attending the party were already completely wasted even though it was not even ten o'clock.

You really would not be here if it had not been for your best friend Patrick who refused to go to this party alone. You had been confused as to why he suddenly wanted to go to one of the cliché college house parties, since he usually hated them so much but once he had admitted to you that his friend Pete was basically forcing him to go, you agreed to join. Both you and Patrick were not the biggest fans of parties. You both preferred spending your Saturday evenings sharing a pizza, sitting in Patrick's room and watching bad horror movies. A crowded college party like this was certainly not along your top-ten list of things to do on a Saturday night.

You sighed, resigning to your fate and entered, closing the door behind you. You wind through the mass of people, hoping to find one of your friends. Just moments later you spotted Joe and Andy across the room. Quickly you made your way over to them before you lost them again.

Joe eyed his half empty red solo cup, while Andy took a long sip from his own, waving at you once he spied you. When you got closer Joe seemed slightly drunk already, but then again, he always seemed slightly drunk. It was just one of his character traits.

"Hey (y/n)! Nice to see you!" Andy cheered. "What are you doing here? I thought parties weren't your thing?"

You laughed quietly and hugged both Andy and Joe before answering. "Emotional support for Patrick," you explained. "Since when are you drinking?" You nodded towards the red solo cup in his hand.

"Just soda," he smiled proudly. "Want some?" He offered you his cup.

You laughed and shook your head no. "Thanks, I'll get my own later."

You didn't plan on drinking tonight. You hated the feeling of alcohol flooding through your system so you had taken the car to get to the party, as an excuse so no one would try to force you to drink.

You had a short talk with Joe and Andy, both telling you excitedly about a new album that would be released after the weekend but soon the conversation died down and you could not help but wonder where Patrick was. After all he was the only reason you spent your Saturday evening between drunk, high and sweating people.

"Has any of you seen Patrick, or Pete?" you finally decided to ask.

"Last I saw them, they were in the kitchen," Andy shouted over the music that seemed to get louder by the minute. "Patrick seemed really desperate to get drunk."

Patrick desperate to get drunk? You wondered. Patrick did get drunk sometimes but it always happened over the course of the evening and then the most were a couple of beers.

"Why's that?" you asked curiously, hoping your friends could explain Patrick's sudden change in behavior was frightening you a bit. First a party, then plans to get drunk... what was next?

"Pete said something about a masterplan, but that's all we know," Joe answered and shrugged. Apparently he had forgotten about the cup in his hand and spilled some of his beer on Andy who just shot him a glare. Okay, maybe Joe was a bit drunk.

"I guess I'm gonna pay the two a visit. I'm here for Patrick after all," you explained. "See you guys later!" You waved at them before diving back into the crowd of drunken people.