Ryan Seaman x Reader - A Diner Love Song

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 2 325

You had known Dallon for a long time, all the way since elementary school and you had always been involved into his music one way or another, even though you had never been officially part of the bands he was in. Mostly you had helped to set up stages, sell merchandise or you had played additional instruments. So when he had asked you, if you wanted to be part of his new project, a duo called 'I don't know how but they found me', you had said yes immediately, even though you had not met his partner, a man called Ryan, yet.

When you met Ryan for the first time, you had been quite impressed by him. He seemed to be a sweet guy, tall, brown hair and warm brown eyes. You had kicked off the conversation by talking about one of your favorite bands, Green Day, that he also liked a lot. Dallon had stood at the side, watching you with a happy grin on his face, obviously glad that the two of you got along so well.

Now, two years later, Ryan had become one of your closest friends. You spent a lot of time together, mostly while the band was practicing, or writing music. You usually attended these sessions, since Dallon was always glad to have your creative mind at his side for help. You sat on the floor, in the middle of spread out music sheets, your gaze flickering over the pages, trying to ignore the distracting presence of Ryan.

Yes, you had started out with thinking he was really sweet, but by now you were hopelessly crushing on the drummer. When he had come to one of the meetings a few months back with blue dyed hair, he had seemed nervous about your reaction, but you had just been happy that he had found an additional way to express himself.

You reached for one of the pages in front of you and quickly read its contents.

"Hey, Dallon, were you looking for this?"

You handed the tall man the sheet on which a few lines of text were scribbled.

"Oh, yes, thanks," he took the paper from you and walked over to Ryan. He had been looking for it for almost five minutes now, a few text ideas that he seemed to have noted down a while ago. "Do you think we can make something out of this?"

Ryan's eyes scanned the paper and flickered over to you.

"Uh, yeah, sure, looks good I think," he answered, but you could tell he had something else on his mind.

"Great," Dallon smiled, "Maybe we can all get one of the lines and see what else we can do with it?"

"I wanna write a love song," Ryan blurted out.

Surprised both Dallon and you looked at him.

"I mean, we could do one, right?" Judging by Ryan's reaction he seemed not to have planned to say his idea out loud.

"Yeah, that's a great idea," Dallon immediately agreed, "are you gonna write it?"

Ryan nodded quietly, his gaze again flickering over to you, but you did not notice. Too occupied was your mind wondering about who Ryan wanted to write a love song for.

"So (y/n), hey (y/n)," Dallon tried to get your attention, "Do you want to help writing?"

"Oh, yes, definitely," you quickly agreed. You loved writing poems that you knew would later be turned into music.

"Got an idea already or do you want any of these," he waved around the page you had handed him earlier.

"I think I'm gonna take this diner-idea of yours," you told him, referring to one of the lines he had scribbled down on the paper. It said 'late night diner atmosphere'.

"Okay," Dallon took a pen and scribbled your name next to the line. "I suggest we continue on Wednesday, it's late and I wanna get home before the kids are off to bed."