Brendon Urie x Reader - The Fair

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 693
A/N:
if anyone finds the wirrow reference in this, let me know so we can freak out over how amazing his art is together!

Amazed your eyes wandered over the many flickering lights that lit up the dark. People were crowded around the many stands where sweets were sold or you could play games to win plush animals or other little trophies like fake roses. You had been to fairs before, but something about this one took your breath away. You could not remember ever having seen so many tiny lights dancing in the night, and even though people were talking loudly, the music of the stands was a pleasant sound in the background. The air smelled of warm sugar from cotton candy, melted chocolate from chocolate coated fruits and heated oil from the stand that sold fries.

It took you a few minutes until you had finally spotted your friend Brendon waiting next to the Ferris wheel that towered over the fair. His hair was a brown mess of strands that refused to be tamed and his eyes sparkled joyfully as he took in the scene around him.

"Brendon," you shouted, quickly walking over to where he had been waiting for you.

"(Y/n), there you are," he cheered and immediately wrapped you into a warm hug that you returned. You loved his hugs, they always made you feel safe, like you were not alone. He smelled of faint deodorant that you inhaled. You loved his smell. You loved everything about him. Of course he did not know that, and you planed on keeping it that way, but you still relished the short moments when it felt like you were more than friends.

"Sorry, I'm late," you apologized, pulling away from the hug after a few seconds so it would not get awkward.

"Don't worry, it's just a few minutes," Brendon laughed and patted your shoulder, "We still got loads of time. What do you wanna do first?"

Yeah, what did you want to do? You were slightly overwhelmed by all the possibilities.

"How about we take a look around first, see what we like, and decide then," you suggested and Brendon nodded enthusiastically.

"Sounds perfect. But I definitely want to knock down some cans," he said as he offered you his arm so you could link yours with his, which you did with a smile.

"Of course, I'm gonna watch you fail," you giggled.

Brendon gasped in mock indignation. "I will not fail," he told you, puffing out his chest, glimpsing down on you with a smile.

"We'll see," you winked playfully and allowed him to guide you down the first line of stands.

It proved to have been a wise decision to take a look around at first. Many stands offered the same things in only small variations but there were also many unexpected discoveries. You both had some glazed strawberries, and cotton candy. Brendon had insisted on getting pink one, making you shake your head unbelievingly.

"It's provoking," he explained as he bit off a string of the sugar threads.

"It's cotton candy, I don't think cotton candy is very provoking, whatever the color," you told him with an amused grin and a shake of your head.

"It's not the cotton candy itself, it's the fact that a grown up man eats it," he tried to convince you.

"Grown up? Where?"

Both of you laughed and he jokingly pushed against your shoulder, making you almost stumble into a group of kids.

"Sorry," you apologized to some of the mothers who shot you furious glances and turned around to Brendon, pulling a face.

He laughed at you, and especially the reactions of the mothers, since nothing had happened.

"You're an idiot," you told him, shaking your head at him.