Brendon Urie x Reader - Everyone Gets Sick

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
female
Warnings
: sick reader
Word
count: 1 131

"You really shouldn't go to work when you feel sick," Brendon complained, watching you walk to the hallway.

"It's not that bad, Bren," you tried to convince him, wishing you would have never mentioned the terrible feeling in the first place.

"But what if it gets worse over the day, or you start to feel really, really sick while driving," he tried to argue, following you.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise," you smiled, even though you could feel your stomach tell you something entirely different.

You bent down to tie your shoelaces, when a wave of nausea washed over you. You quickly sat down, scared to fall over, and placed your head in your hands to reduce the feeling of the world spinning all around you.

"Okay, maybe not," you finally gave in, earning a relieved sigh from Brendon.

"Everyone gets sick in a while," he told you.

Still in his pajama he walked over to where you were still sitting on the cold tiles on the floor and helped you out of your shoes.

"Ready to stand up," he asked, and pulled you to your feet when you nodded.

He guided you to the living room, where he sat you down on the couch, demanding that you should lie down and put your feet up on the back of the couch. You did as told, mostly to avoid a discussion with your worried husband, and continued watching how Brendon phoned your boss to tell him you were ill. He made it sound a lot worse than it was, making you smile a little at his exaggeration. After finishing the call, he brought you some comfortable sweatpants and one of his t-shirts. He helped you change out of your formal uniform that consisted of a tight black skirt and a white blouse, and you put on the clothes he had brought, immediately feeling a lot better as the shirt, that smelled so uniquely of him hugged your body.

Brendon had walked into the kitchen and a few minutes after you had settled down on the sofa, wrapped into a blanket, trying to cancel out the nausea with comfort, he came back to join you. He carried a tray with a cup of steaming tea and a plate with rusk that he placed on the coffee table in front of you.

"I still feel pretty sick, I don't wanna eat," you whined.

"You haven't eaten anything since yesterday evening; you're not gonna feel better if you starve," he reminded you, handing you one slice of the baked good.

You took it hesitantly and started nibbling on it. Eating rusk always reminded you of your childhood since you had always been given it by your mum when you were sick. It took you what felt like ages until you had finished the dry piece of bread, always throwing a look over to Brendon who made sure you were eating at least a little.

When you had finished the slice, he handed you the cup of tea that smelled surprisingly good. It was herbal tea and Brendon explained how the different ingredients were supposed help against nausea and stomachaches while you took a few small sips of the still hot beverage. To be honest, it had smelled better than it tasted and you tried to convince Brendon to let you add some sugar and milk to make it taste better, but he stayed hard, saying that the healing effects of the tea would be lost.

The second and third slice of rusk was consumed faster than the first when you noticed that you really were hungry. It was only nine am, but after having finished your breakfast of dry bread and tasteless herbal tea, you started feeling sleepy again. You nausea was still bothering you, but it felt like the special breakfast and Brendon's magical tea had helped at least a little. You placed the empty cup back on the tray and cuddled against Brendon, who immediately got the signal. He wrapped his arms around you and let himself sink back on the couch until you were lying on top of him, your cheeks resting against his chest. He draped the blanket that was by now pooling around your waist over your body, until only your feet and your head peaked out.

"You are a pretty perfect husband, you know that," you smiled, relaxing against his chest, sucking up his body heat.

"Well, I hope so. I'm trying really hard," Brendon answered and you could hear the grin in his voice.

You closed your eyes and listened to his heartbeat; a steady sound that was pounding against your ear and made you even sleepier.

You did not know how much time passed while you were lying on the couch together with Brendon. You were half asleep most of the time, able to ignore the bad feeling in your stomach. The sun was shining brightly through the living room curtains, reflecting on the water in the pool outside and painting beautiful patterns of light and shadow on the ceiling next to the glass door. Time was of no meaning right now as you listened to Brendon's heartbeat and his breathing, the monotone ticking of a clock and the muffled sound of traffic far in the distance. Somewhere a dog barked.

Brendon's arms were wrapped around your waist and his fingered curled into the blanket that had worked itself hallway down your back. A feeling of endless tranquility flooded through you, as if this moment was cut off from the world, to be preserved in your memory forever. It was a wonderful moment when you ignored the still lingering sickness, but you did not mind it that much right now. If it had not been for that, you would not get to spend the day with your husband sleeping on the sofa like this. You looked up, to see his face. His eyes were closed, long, dark lashes rested against his cheeks and a dark curl fell into his forehead. You stretched up a little and placed a soft kiss against his jaw line. His skin was soft, the slight stubble irritating your lips for only a moment. He smelled so nice, he always did to you, and you wondered how it was possible to be so much in love with another human being. It did not matter though, all that mattered was that you were in love with him, that you loved him, that your heart belonged to him. And his belonged to you.

You curled yourself back against his chest, your ear once again pressed right over the spot where his heart beat against the ribcage. You had already looked away and closed your eyes, when a soft smile played around Brendon's lips.