Mikey Way x Reader - Any Time You Want

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 344

You stared down on the two glasses of beer in front of you unhappily. One was barely touched. This one was yours. The other one was almost empty and belonged to your date. Your coworker had invited you to a bar and you had agreed. Mostly because there was live music and you had not been on a date in a long while. Now the band had finished playing and your date had left you sitting at the bar to go smoking outside. That had been twenty minutes ago. Unnerved you stared at the full glass of beer in front of you. The foam had disappeared and the bubbles were almost gone. You wondered if you had waited long enough for your date and whether it was appropriate to leave, when a stranger sat down next to you with a sigh. He had brown hair, a sharp jawline and wore dorky glasses. He looked weirdly familiar.

At first he did not seem to take any notice of you, until he saw the two glasses of beer. He looked up at you and seemed slightly surprised at the sight of you. You probably looked out of place, being one of the only women in the bar.

"A two beer problem," he asked with a smirk.

"Oh, this isn't mine," you clarified and pushed the almost empty glass away from you.

He looked at you with raised eyebrows. "Whatever you say."

"I'm serious." You did not know this guy, but you felt the need to put things right.

His eyes wandered from your face to your untouched glass and he seemed to notice the staleness of the drink. "You don't seem to be into beer that much," he noted with a nod to your glass.

"I don't like the taste of it, and I especially don't like it when I'm not asked before something is ordered for me," you explained, glad that the handsome stranger believed you.

"Who ordered it for you?" Curiously he turned to fully face you. Damn, he was beautiful.

"My date," you answered bitterly.

"Oh, okay," his voice sounded disappointed. "And your boyfriend doesn't know you don't like beer?"

"He isn't my boyfriend," you quickly told him. You better made sure that you were not interested in that man at all, for the person in front of you seemed so much more interesting and so much kinder. "It's a first date."

"Will there be a second date?" The man leaned over to you, as if he waited for you to spill a secret. You noticed that his eyes were a deep hazel and he smelled of some sportive deodorant.

"Currently I am wondering if I have waited long enough for him to return from his cigarette break before I leave. So I guess there won't be a second date."

"Well, I believe you have the right to be treated properly during a date, even if not by your date. I'd like to invite you for a drink, if you want to."

You blushed at the thought of this handsome stranger offering to buy you a drink.

"I'd love to," you quickly agreed, "but first tell me your name."

"Oh, stupid me," the man laughed nervously. "I'm Mikey." He extended his hand for you to shake which you did.

Suddenly it hit you.

"You're the bassist of the band that played earlier," you recalled excitedly. "I really loved your music."

Now it was Mikey's turn to blush. "Oh, thank you. My brother writes most of the texts and music, though."

"Tell him I really like this work. But I also really liked the show, you guys were great!" Maybe it sounded a bit fake, but you had really enjoyed the music Mikey's band had played. It had been aggressive and violent yet vulnerable in a way only someone, who had once felt truly helpless, could understand.