Gerard Way x Reader - Warmth

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 163
Reader:
Female

It started as always, with a slight stomachache in the afternoon. By the time the loud music from the venue below the apartment vibrated through the air, the stomachache had grown into full blown period cramps. You had already taken painkillers and wrapped into a warm blanket on the couch, but you still felt sick from pain. You tried to occupy your mind by listening to your boyfriend, Gerard, who was singing in the band that played in the venue under your feet, but most of it was hard to understand; only the bass and the drums came through clearly.

The apartment was small, not made for two people, but it had been better than what you had been living in when you had met Gerard. You had heard of this punk rock band called 'My Chemical Romance' that was famous for hyping up crowds and being trouble for the police. It had taken months before you had found the courage to go to one of their concerts. None of your friends had wanted to accompany you, so you had made your way through the crowds of drunken, mostly violent punks, feeling uncomfortable being one of the only girls. You had managed to get into the front row, standing on the very left of the stage, close to a short haired, energetic guitarist. It was a pretty save place, considering the violently pushing around crowd in the mosh pit. The only thing that was a little unsettling was the water that the guitarist in front of you continued spitting into the crowd. You had liked the music immediately. The guys on stage put on a brilliant performance and when you returned a week later for the next concert, you started to take a liking in the lead singer. He continued dropping sassy comments between songs, always pushing his long, black hair out of his face, his eyes scanning the crowd again and again, always giving you the feeling that he stopped a moment to look at you. His worn out leather jacket and the ripped black shirt under which he wore a red one gave him a raw atmosphere and you could not help but feel enchanted by the punker. A week later you went to another concert, again catching the lead singer's eye and the next time, just when you were about to leave the venue, a hand closed around your arm. When you had turned around, you were face to face with the musician. He had smiled at you and invited you to a drink. It seemed like a dream and a few months later Gerard invited you to live with him, not being able to stand the tiny room you had lived in for years. His apartment was not big, cheap, right above the venue that his band played in every night, but it had a proper kitchen and a bathroom with a bathtub. It even had a living room, a comfort you had not had before.

You were half asleep when the music downstairs stopped and a few minutes later Gerard entered the apartment. He reeked of cigarette smoke and alcohol, alcohol that he did not consume himself but that was spilled on him by others. He took of his flakey leather jacket and put it up on the coat hanger next to the door. When he found you lying on the couch he sat down next to you, gently running his fingers down your back.

"Hey sugar, I'm home," he purred, softly kissing your jaw and then your neck.

You just groaned in return.

"Are you alright," he had immediately picked up on something being wrong.

"I've got cramps," you murmured.

Understanding flickered over his face and he sat up.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better," he wondered, continuing to run his fingers over your back.

"Just something warm," you answered, still curled into the blanket.

"Okay," Gerard got up and kissed you on the cheek before he disappeared into the bathroom.

You heard the tap running and the drier clatter, making you wonder what he was up to, but you did not make the effort to look up as Gerard walked past you again into the kitchen. A few minutes later the drier beeped and he hurried into the bathroom.

"Sit up," he commanded when he came back.

Slowly you sat up, knowing that your circulation was weak. Once you sat he helped you put on one of his sweaters. It was warm and you realized that he had put the sweater into the drier to make it warm. You cuddled into the piece of clothing that still smelled of him. He quickly got up and walked to the kitchen to get you the cup of tea he had prepared. He set it down on the coffee table in front of you that was littered with music magazines. Then he handed you a hot bottle that he had filled up in the bathroom. Thankful you took the warm object and pressed it against your lower stomach. You smiled at him.

"Uh, there it is," he cheered, "I love your smile."

He kissed your nose and gently pushed you to the side so he could sit down next to you. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his side. Tiredly you rested your head against his shoulder. A chuckle ripped through Gerard's chest and he kissed your hair before cuddling his cheek against your head. Carefully he reached for the tea cup. He took a tiny sip before he handed the cup to you.

"Be careful, it's still hot," he warned.

You placed the cup against your lips and tried the tea. It was hot and very sweet.

"How much sugar did you put in there," you wondered.

"Just enough to make you taste a fragment of how sweet you are," Gerard whispered, making you giggle.

"Ugh, you're such a nerd," you laughed, taking another sip. "Cream?"

"Instead of milk, today you really deserve it," he answered.

You smiled again. "You really are a romantic, you know that?"

"Why do you think it is called 'My Chemical Romance' and not 'My Chemical Disaster'," he joked.

You giggled again lightly, feeling the pain in your abdomen slowly subside. A wave of tiredness washed over you. The presence of Gerard was calming and made you feel safe. To the outside world he always seemed to be a rough, angry punk, but to you he was the sweetest, most caring man in the world. You felt him kiss the side of your head, along your jaw over your cheek until his peppering kisses reached your lips. He pressed his mouth against yours a few times, his coffee tasting lips gently caressing your sweet ones. He kept kissing you with tiny kisses, until your response got sloppier. He wrapped his arms around you protectively and a few minutes later you had fallen asleep.