Ray Toro x Reader - Deadline

Requested on Tumblr
Word count: 2 1 89

„You've got seven days."

"No!"

"Seven days, one week, and if you haven't told him by then I will make sure to do it for you."

"Michael James Way, you will do no such thing!"

Mikey giggled at you. "But someone has to tell Ray eventually, how else is he going to find out?"

"Ray does not, I reapeat: not, have to find out I like him," you said angrily, glaring at Mikey. It had definitely been a mistake to tell the younger Way brother about your growing affection for the band's lead guitarist. For weeks now he was trying to set you up with Ray and he had too much fun doing it.

"Seven days, (y/n), or I'll do it for you," he grinned, "I could of course also ask Gerard to do it, or Frank!" A wicked smile, the exact same one as his brother sometimes wore, glimmered over the bassists face. It was a lot more impressive if Mikey did it though, because Mikey always stuck to his word. Usually a good character trait, but right now you wished he would be lying.

"You will do noth- you will just shut up about it, okay? It's my problem not yours," you hissed angrily and got up from the bench in the tiny kitchen of the tour bus.

"Oh come on, you can need a little help," Mikey insisted.

"No, I don't think so. And by the way, maybe it is for the best if Ray never learns about it anyway, I don't want to tear the band apart, or cause any unnecessary media attention," you said, and you were speaking the truth.

You had thought about it a lot. Assuming you somehow got together with Ray but you had a fight or something, the whole band would suffer. After all he was the lead guitarist and you the drummer. Mikey shook his head in disappointment and watched as you slumped to your bed bunk.

"Seven days, (y/n)!"

"Bite me!"

~*~

You had seriously believed Mikey would have made a joke when he had threatened you with the seven days dead line, but to your great shock he approached you two days later, asking you for progress on the Ray front. You had told him to take care of his own stuff, and a few less friendly things, and now you were storming out of the trailer, too angry to contain your rage at the young man. Did anyone ever think that Frank or Gerard could be a pain in the ass, so had they never had the pleasure of being pissed off by Mikey.

You stormed through the back entrance into the venue, your drum sticks in hand and hoping that your drum set was already set up. You walked through a few dimly lit corridors, following the sign that said 'stage'. Much to your luck your drum set and the one of the opening bands had already been set up, so you hurried over the stage and sat on the stool. You noticed the big hall was empty, except for a few security guards. You took a deep breath and swiveled the chair a few times, finding the right position. For a moment you closed your eyes, focusing on all the built up tension and emotions. You focused on the anger about Mikey, the heartbrokenness you felt towards Ray, but also the love, you focused on this paralyzing feeling of helplessness and the frustration that you never had enough courage to confess to Ray. You lifted the drumsticks in the air, concentrating on all these emotions that seemed to tear you apart, and slammed down on the drums, knowing exactly where which one was. You continued drumming, keeping your eyes closed. The fast pace and complicated rhythm drew sweat on your forehead, but you kept going, pouring all your emotions into the made up piece of music, until your mind was blank and empty. You slowly let the drumming fade out, only opening your eyes a few moments after you had finished. The security guards, who were still wandering around the hall, checking security fences, were ignoring you completely. You got up from your stool, wiped the sweat off your forehead and slowly walked back to the tour bus. The drumming had felt good, you had exhausted yourself just enough to stop thinking about Mikey's threats and your feelings for Ray for a little while.