Kobra Kid x Reader - The Only Hope For Me Is You

Requested on Tumblr

Reader: female

Warnings: blood, pain, mentions of death, bombs,

Word count: 2 925

You did not know what part of your sensory impressions was memory and what the present. Fire, flames, pain, screams, glass, sand, gun shots, dust, blood.

You rolled around to your stomach, feeling the burn of salty sweat in the tiny cuts on your face. You spit out the sand that had somehow gotten into your mouth and tried to get up. Your whole body hurt, as if you had been thrown against a wall. Everything was spinning. You looked down your body, your colorful clothes were covered in dust, blood and glass splinters that were sticking in your trousers and maybe even in your skin underneath. There was a fire close by, it smelled of burning plastic. You tried to get a grip on reality, but memories were mixing into your mind. You blinked. There were no high houses around you, no other people running down the street screaming. So those were memories. The bright thing in the sky was the sun, not burning embers. You were mixing up the memories of the Helium War with whatever had just happened. This night, when the city almost burnt down to its foundations, when BLI had finally established their power over the rest of the world, this had been the last night you had spent hiding in the canyons of the skyscrapers of Battery City. You had escaped with the other rebels that had been hiding out in the city, unable to flee the dystopian world around out. But in that night, the gates broke open and you ran away, left the city behind that BLI burnt to the ground, left the battlefield behind that started to form behind your backs when the rebels from the desert, the Killjoys, stormed the city in a desperate attempt to stop BLI before their power got too great. The Killjoys had failed that night as you had later learned.

You mind flickered back into reality, finally recognizing the burning ruins you had woken up next to. This had been your hide-out; here you had lived with your friends. But what had once been a motel was now a smoking, burning pile of stones and wood. You ran your fingers through your hair. What had happened? You remembered not much, but... there had been five of you. The first one had been hit by a shot to the chest through the window. Then the Dracs had stormed the room, shooting two more of your friends. You had grabbed the last one, and dragged him into another room, where another Drac was waiting for you. When your friend took a bullet to the head, you had pulled the grenade from your belt and pulled the pin. You had thrown it as far away as possible in the tiny room, but the impulse of the explosion had thrown you through the window you had been standing next to anyway. That explained all the glass. Apparently the Dracs had decided to just burn down the rest of the motel, leaving you for dead on the dry desert ground.

You pulled out the biggest splinters of glass, trying to suppress the tears that stung in your eyes. There would be a time for pain, there would be a time to moan your friends, but not now. Instead you started searching the ruins of your former home, but there was not much left to find. Even the motorbikes had been burnt.

You were just finished with your tour, the only useful thing you found being a ray gun, when the distant noise of a motor sounded over the cracking of the fire that was still raging in the main part of the old building.

You quickly went into hiding behind the leftovers of a wall that had once belonged to a bathroom. A machine came closer, a small car, or a heavy motorbike by the sound of it, and was brought to a halt a few meters away from where you were crouching. You carefully peeked from behind the old wall to take a look at the person who had arrived, your fingers closing around the ray gun. It was a man with blond hair, sun glasses and.... No BLI then. You released the tight grip around your weapon and scrambled to your feet, ignoring the pain it caused you.