Ryan Ross x Reader - Time Flies

Request: Plzzz more Ross
Word
count: 1 821

The water was cold around your feet, as you slowly walked into the pool. The white, thin trouser you wore sucked up water that crept up the fabric, turning it a darker shade. You took a few more steps deeper into the water, trying to get used to the temperature. It was an early morning in LA, the air was already starting to heat up under the first beams of sunlight that made their way over the hilltops, but the water in the pool had cooled down over night. You took a deep breath and simply walked in all the rest, trying to hold the white shirt down that tried to resist getting wet by catching air bubbles.

"Is it very cold," a girl asked from the side of the pool, also preparing to get in.

"Not warm enough for my liking, but it's okay," you answered.

She nodded and climbed in as well, followed by three others.

You took another deep breath and let yourself sink in the water, getting your whole torso and head wet as well. At first it felt freezing, but after a few moments you got used to the temperature.

"(Y/n), can you swim a little further into the middle of the pool," the voice of your friend Z sounded over to you.

You nodded and swam a closer to where she had asked you to be.

"Like this," you wondered, floating on your back.

"Perfect," she laughed, "we'll get the cups and petals."

You stared up at the dusty blue sky as you waited. When Z had asked you to be an extra in her new music video, you had agreed immediately. You liked the color concept for the video. Everything was either white or red. The house you were filming at was completely white, all the people wore white and only the red solo cups, petals and smeared lipstick everyone was wearing was red. The idea behind the video was that Z had poisoned all her friends during a party and the day after, she was walking through the field of destruction. So you were basically playing a corpse.

It had been a little strange, arriving at this house at what felt like the middle of the night. It had still been a few hours until sunrise so all the people could be introduced to the idea. Now that the sun had started creeping over the horizon, things had to work quickly, because it was only a short timeframe in which the light would be perfect.

Suddenly red petals rained down on you, fell into the water at your sides and drifted into different directions. You turned your head and saw that some of the other extras were helping with setting up outside. The people lying around the pool were already in position.

"We need a few solo cups in the pool," you heard Z say, and a moment later the quiet splash of water told you someone had thrown a few cups in.

"Now everyone stay very still, we'll start filming," a voice called that you did not recognize.

There was shuffling of feet, probably people who were getting out of the shot.

You closed your eyes and listened to the sounds around you. There were crickets chirping somewhere in the bushes, and wind crippled the water, making it hit the walls of the pool. You tried to relax a little, allowing your head to sink further into the water that rushed over your ears, drowning out the starting music that was used for Z to orientate on while filming. You felt the wet fabric of your clothes weight down on you. It was a strange feeling, since you were not used to floating around in a pool, wearing clothes.

It had been a little awkward when you came here this morning, since you knew barely anyone apart from Z. Most of the people around were friends of hers who you had met once, at the most. Since Z was organizing everything, you had felt a little lonely. You had never been the most outgoing of people, and you were not very good at reacting to being thrown into a social situation like this. Luckily only a few minutes after you had arrived, a familiar face appeared by the door.