Dallon Weekes x Reader - Love At First Sight (Part Two)

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 213

Slowly you stirred the still hot coffee in the cup on the table in front of you. You sat outside a small, cozy café, relaxing in the warm breeze, enjoying the first beams of intense spring sun on your skin. Next to the café was a florist, and the smell of the many different flowers mixed into the smell of coffee, cake and ice cream. Bees hummed around the plants and sometimes a big, clumsy bumblebee flew past your table. You smiled at the cheerful cries of the kids who were playing with their hands in the water fountain in the middle of the square. Gentle violin music played from speakers that were hidden in the flower pots. The chatter of the people around you was steady and quiet, almost as natural as the humming of the insects around you.

You closed your eyes for a moment, taking in all the different sensations. You felt peaceful and calm yet alive, ready to go on an adventure any moment now.

When you opened your eyes again, you saw him. His brown hair was swept to the side, his blue eyes searching the people in front of the café. When his eyes met yours, they lit up, a smile spread over his face and he strode over to you with a few long steps.

"Sorry it took so long," he apologized. He blushed slightly as you looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it, Dallon," you reassured him, "we have plenty of time."

With a wave of your hand you invited him to sit down opposite you and he did, never quite able to take his eyes off of you.

"Did you get the patch you wanted," you inquired.

Dallon had told you how he had seen a patch he wanted to buy, but when he had seen it first, he had not done it. This resulted in him worrying that someone else might have bought the badge and you suggested that while you searched for a place in the café, he should go and see whether he could get the small accessory.

Proudly he pulled out a small plastic square and handed it to you. You turned it around and scanned the piece of embroidered fabric inside. It was shaped like a guitar, or rather like a bass guitar, as the writing said. You turned it a bit, admiring the glitter thread that was worked into the patch before handing it back to Dallon.

"It's beautiful," you told him, "already got an idea where you want to put it?"

"I thought, maybe my backpack," he answered, putting the newly bought item back into his bag. "Do they have a menu laying around?"

You pulled the cream colored booklet out from under your saucer where you had placed it so it could not fly away.

Dallon shot you a smile and started burying his nose in the menu.

While he was reading, you carefully watched him. The slight breeze disheveled his brown hair, his eyes wandered over the letters in the booklet in a fast pace. His facial features were masculine, yet fragile and his fingers long and slim. It had been less than twenty-four hours ago that you had met the man in front of you, but by now you felt like you had known him since forever. You had immediately fallen in love with him, with the slightly awkward and uncertain chat-up line he had used and the rain wet hair in his face. Later that evening he had accompanied you home, where you had watched a movie, talked, danced and finally fallen asleep side by side on his makeshift bed on the floor in the living room. In the morning, you had been woken up by the sunbeams that announced a change in weather and indeed, the dark, cold rainy clouds from the evening before had been replaced by warm, bright sunshine. Since it was Saturday, you both decided to celebrate your random meeting with breakfast, or rather lunch, in the café you were sitting at now. On the way there Dallon had told you about the patch and you had told him to go buy it.

"Have you already decided what you want for breakfast?"

His question tore you out of your thoughts, leaving you blinking confused for a moment before you answered.

"I think I'm gonna order the croissant with marmalade."

~*~

You spent breakfast quietly talking to each other, laughing at jokes or even when your eyes met. Dallon made you feel emotions you had never experienced in this magnitude before. You wanted to hug him and kiss him and run your fingers through his soft looking hair, but you did not. Yes he had quickly kissed you yesterday evening, but you were not sure if he would appreciate it if you did this right now. Of course your worries were completely unfounded, since Dallon could hardly hold back his emotions as well.

After breakfast you kept seated at your spot at the café. Sometimes you exchanged a few words, most of the time you would watch the people around you, observe little habits of theirs and smile over the happy expressions on their faces. Every other minute you also looked over at Dallon. You watched his fingers wrap around the cup that looked tiny in his big hand, and how he lead it to his lips, these lips that you remembered to be so soft and gentle. You did not even notice that you were staring until Dallon's eyes met yours. For a moment you felt tempted to look away, to avoid awkward or creepy eye contact, but you did not. Instead it felt like a force was guiding your gaze to his, his magnificent blue eyes pulling you in. You noticed the little dark blue dots in his otherwise bright eyes and it felt like he was looking into the deepest of your soul. But it did not feel invasive. You wanted to share every thought, every emotion with him, wanted him to understand what made you you.

Suddenly, you were not sure how or when it happened, you realized that Dallon had leant in, his face less than an inch away from yours. His eyes broke contact with yours and flickered to you lips for a split second, before looking at you again, questioningly. You smiled and closed the distance between your faces and gently placed you lips on his. You could feel him shaking slightly under your touch, making a bolt of excitement shoot through you. You closed your eyes and pressed yourself a little closer to him. Careful, not hesitantly, but cautious he kissed back, soon deepening the kiss and wrapping one of his hands in your hair. A warm feeling spread through your stomach and when you pulled away from each other, you were both blushing and giggling, grinning brightly like two fools.

"So what do we do with the rest of the day," Dallon asked, running his fingers over your blush heated cheek.

"I don't know," you answered, "How about self-made lemonade on my balcony?"

A smile, even brighter than the one before, if that was even possible, spread over Dallon's face and he nodded happily.

"That sounds like the perfect plan."