Ray Toro x Reader - Bar Night

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: swearing, alcohol
Word
count: 2 096

You laid down on the couch, intently watching Ray's fingers dance alone the strings of his guitar. It was always a miracle to you how with his tall hands he still handled his instrument so carefully. Right now he was playing the intro to the song Demolition Lovers.

It was a Friday evening, and you were listening to your friends' band's rehearsal. Gerard, the lead singer, and Ray the lead guitarist were both friends of yours from college. When Gerard had searched for friends to play in a band he had asked you to join, but you were too shy to stand on stage so you had declined. But you still wanted to be a part of My Chemical Romance, so you helped set up the stage or listened to the rehearsals and gave advice whenever needed.

You took a deep breath, pulling away from the sight of the guitarist. Even though sometimes you thought, he was the only thing you wanted to look at all day you did not want to stare. So instead you focused on Gerard, who poured all his emotions into the song. His eyes were closed and some of his sweaty hair felt into his forehead. You closed your eyes to be able to focus better on the music. The band had gotten better since last time and you were proud of them.

When the song finished, you opened your eyes and were met with the stare of five waiting men.

"You were fantastic," you cheered, sitting up. "The end was really good, you finally get the timing."

"The boss said we were good," Gerard laughed and grabbed a water bottle to take a long sip.

Ray sat his guitar aside and plopped down on the couch next to you.

"Did you really like it," he asked curiously, his brown eyes carefully watching your face.

"I loved it," you assured him, blushing slightly.

He seemed content with the answer because he reached for a water bottle and opened it.

"Want some?" he offered. But you shook your head.

"No thanks."

He shrugged and thirstily emptied the bottle.

"Anyone down for the bar," Frank asked. He shook his sweaty locks out of his face.

"I'm in," Mikey immediately agreed.

"Nah, not today," Ray answered, disappointing you slightly.

"I'm in too," you replied. "Gerard?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

"I'm not coming, I need to catch up on some sleep," Matt, the drummer, told them.

"Great, shall we get going then?" Frank suggested, not caring that he was sweaty and slightly stinky as well.

"Hm, on the other hand..." Ray mumbled. "You know what, I'm in." he decided.

Everyone cheered and grabbed their jackets before leaving the small, warm basement room in which they had spent the afternoon.

The air outside was cool. A slight drizzle fell onto the street but neither the boys nor you did care. The bar was not too far away and a short walk would clear your heads before the alcohol ruined that again.

On the way to the bar you walked next to Ray, who told you about a new melody he had thought of for one of the new songs. Fascinated you listened to him humming the tune quietly. You really liked his voice, well, you really liked him.

The bar was in the basement of some old town building. It was always a bit dirty and smelled of cigarettes and booze but the drinks were cheap and the music good.