Gerard Way x Reader - Magic Drawings

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
female
Word
count: 3 748

"What the bloody hell was that," Andy, the Gryffindor chaser shouted as the Bludger flew past him in just an inch's distance.

"You didn't get hit, did ya," you shouted back, already on the search for the second Bludger that was doubtlessly on its way to kick someone off their broom.

Andy just growled and went back into formation, trying to get used to the new pattern they were flying in. The team captain shot you a disapproving glance. She knew that you loved scaring your mates, just for the fun of it, and you had never actually kicked someone off their broom because of a Bludger you had hit, but she was convinced that training was for getting better at the game, not for scaring your friends. In your own way you were training as well. During matches your opponents did not know that you were not really trying to hurt them, so they were always extremely scared when a ball shot into their direction, and confused when they did not get hit. That usually threw them out of formation, gaining some valuable seconds for your team's chasers.

Soon the training was over, all of your teammates sweating from the hot weather. It was summer, most of the exams were over, and the Quidditch final was long over as well, yet your Captain still insisted on training, getting ready for the season next autumn. The sun was burning down on you, as you strode from the Quidditch pitch over to the lake where you had decided to go swimming after the training, wearing your swimming clothes already under your Quidditch gear. How was it possible that the summer was so warm up here in Scotland? You were from the south, used to mild winters and hot summers, so the amount of snow up here in the north was still overwhelming every year, but that the summers got just as hot as back home was even stranger.

You dropped in the sand by the lake, next to your friends Ray and Frank. They were lying on their towels, hair already wet from swimming, sand sticking to their soles.

"You made it," Ray cheered as you pulled the dark red shirt over your head, revealing the top of your bikini.

"Whoa, Langley must have chased you around a lot, you're totally drenched," Frank giggled, noticing how little hairs were sticking to your sweaty forehead and neck.

"You don't say," you grimaced, "you don't have something to drink by chance, do you?"

Both boys shook their head no, when a timid voice piped up behind you.

"Gerard, didn't you pack something?"

You turned around, and were met with the sight of a boy you recognized as Mikey. He was in the same year as Frank, a year younger than you, and in Slytherin. A little further back stood his older brother, Gerard. Gerard was in your year, a quiet Ravenclaw who could usually be found in the library, drawing. He had perfected little sketches that moved around, and from overhearing a conversation with Ray you knew that he was currently working on making them respond with little comebacks when you talked to them. Gerard had been friends with Ray since year one, and had also befriended Frank over time, but you barely knew something about him since he never talked to you.

Gerard shot you a quick glance, and blushed when he saw you were only wearing the bikini top and some shorts, but moved to grab a bottle from the bag that was hanging from his shoulders. He handed it to you, and you thanked him with a smile before taking a few big gulps from the cool liquid.

When you screwed the bottle closed again a grin flashed over Gerard's face.

"What," you asked irritated.

"Let's just hope I didn't confuse this with the bottle where I keep the hair loss potion in, for potions on Monday," he quietly said, a smug grin on his face.