Advent Calendar - Dec 02

*Picture Source: https://teal-bananapeel.tumblr.com/post/169560621459*

Words: 619

"This is a bad, I repeat, bad idea."

You looked up at Mikey. His facial expression supported his words, but you had made a decision and you were stubborn.

"Much more clumsy people have learned ice skating," you encouraged him, "so you'll learn it too."

Mikey just huffed from his place on the bank at the side of the rink. You finished tying the shoelaces of the skates which he had borrowed from his brother. Mikey really wanted to impress you, but he was not sure if slipping on a very smooth surface, wearing sharp blades on his feet, was going to help him. It was not his first date with you, and he definitely did not want it to be the last, but if ice skating was remotely as difficult as he feared it would be, he would probably prefer hiding under a stone for the rest of his life, just so he would not have to face the person again who would have witnessed his embarrassment.

"All done, stand up," you demanded, already standing yourself, and offering a hand to Mikey.

Doubtfully he looked up at you for a moment. You really would not leave him alone until he had made a fool of himself, would you?

~*~

"I admit I was a little pessimistic."

You raised your eyebrows at Mikey.

Much to his surprise he had not fallen once, nor had he accidently killed you with his blade-shoes, as he jokingly referred to his skates.

"Told you," you grinned and grabbed the hand of the man a little tighter as he glided over the ice next to you.

You had been sure Mikey would not take long to figure out how to skate, but he really had turned out to be a very fast learner, and after about half an hour he was safely skating laps with you by his side.

"Now what do I get for being brave enough to do this," he demanded with a playful smirk on his lips.

"A slap on the back of your head if you continue being this cocky," you laughed and slowly came to a stop, making sure to slow Mikey down with you.

When he was standing still you skated around him so you were facing him.

"Maybe I'll get you a hot cocoa later," you grinned, watching him roll his eyes in amusement.

"I thought more of something like-"

Mikey's proposition was interrupted by your lips against his. He could not help the smile that spread over his face as he gently took your head into his hands and pulled you closer to him, his cool and chapped lips carefully working against your smooth ones. You tasted of coffee and cold air and it made him wonder if he could stop time so the moment would never pass. At the same time he realized that he had probably never been as much in love with anyone as he was in love with you, and it felt like his insides started glowing at that realization.

"Everything alright?"

He was torn out of his thoughts by your worried voice, your eyes carefully studying his features.

"I'm just really, really happy right now," he declared.

You smiled softly at his words, and nodded.

"Me too," you admitted, taking his hand again.

"How about we get off the ice and somewhere comfy, for some snuggles," Mikey suggested, a hopeful glow in his eyes.

You nodded again, suddenly overcome by the desire to be wrapped up in a warm blanket next to Mikey.

"Perfect," the young man grinned, and made a mental note, that maybe, but just maybe, ice skating was not as horrible as he had imagined it to be.