Advent Calendar - Dec 01

*Picture Source: http://newyorker.tumblr.com/post/169308050660/the-photographer-douglas-levere-was-looking-for-a*

Words: 575
A/N: shout out to nbpoetry for sending me an amazing advent calendar! Thank you, Sweetie :*

Maybe you should have trusted your guts more than the weather forecast. While the news had announced that there would be sunshine and mild temperatures, the truth was far from that. Icy snowflakes now blew into your face and frosty wind tangled in your hair, making the tips of your ears turn numb and red. You tried to pull the collar of your shirt further up your neck, but your jacket did not help much to keep you warm, because of the beautiful, but sadly not very wind-resistant collar, that just fluttered helplessly in the wind.

You dug your hands into the pockets of your coat and lifted your eyes from the floor, trying to spy your boyfriend Andy through the blowing snowflakes. Just in that second a familiar voice called your name. Surprised you spun around and almost bumped into the drummer. His extensively tattoo covered arms were hidden in a soft jacket, around his neck hung his red and yellow Gryffindor scarf which he had bought at his stay in London, during which he had used his spare time to visit the Harry Potter Studios.

"You must be freezing," he exclaimed worriedly. His eyes wandered over your red ears to the collar of your coat.

"Don't you say," you mumbled and leant over to quickly peak his lips. "How about we get ourselves into the café?"

You wanted to pull away, but Andy had already wrapped his scarf around your neck, making sure it covered the gap that your coat had created, successfully blocking out the wind. You looked at him with wide eyes and found him grinning at you contently. Lovingly he kissed the tip of your nose before he pulled one layer of the scarf so far up your face, that it covered just covered your nose, making breathing a lot more enjoyable all of a sudden. You smiled, just then remembering that he could not see it. The scarf smelled like Andy. You could have found no way to describe his scent, except that there was a hint of cinnamon and Jasmin in there. It was a strange combination, but it always reminded you of him, which was probably the main reason for baked goods with cinnamon having turned into your favorites since you two started dating.

Andy kissed your forehead and reached for his wooly hat, pulling it off his head and instead placing it on yours. He made sure your freezing ears were covered, then he sent another smile at you, which made your heart skip a beat and your insides all fuzzy and warm. You hoped he would never lose this effect on you.

"Aren't you gonna be cold now," you wondered.

With a chuckle Andy grabbed your gloved hands and took them in his, bringing them to his lips for two quick kisses against the soft black fleece.

"We were going to go into the café, weren't we," he reminded you, "I just love seeing you in my clothes too much to resist the temptation."

You giggled and nodded, taking the arm your boyfriend now offered you.

"Lead the way, Sir," you joked, making him break into a fit of laughter, a truly magical sound to your now warming up ears.

"Aye-aye, Captain," he answered and together you walked into the direction of the cozy café which you had chosen for your date, all while the wind carried thousands of tiny snowflakes across the darkening sky.