Ryan Ross x Reader - Ice Rink

Requested on Tumblr
Word count: 2 372
Reader:
female

You took a deep breath, looking up in the mirror. Was the makeup too much? It was only a bit of powder, mascara and lip gloss, so it surely was not too much. But then again, he had never seen you wearing makeup. Carefully you ran your fingers through your hair and turned away from your reflection, scanning the room. You were wearing jeans and a soft, dark blue sweater that made the cold weather outside seem a bit less terrible. You really wished, Ryan would have told you where he was planning on taking you. It had been weeks since you two had first met. You worked as a sound technician at a recording studio where the band he was playing in recorded for their new album. Ryan had started talking to you on the first day and you always discussed different sounds and he even asked you about your opinion on music and lyrics he had written. You had liked Ryan immediately. He was quiet but talked a lot if it was a topic he was interested in. And just today during lunch he had asked you whether you wanted to go out with him this evening. To be honest, you had not even thought about it twice, you had just told him you would love to, so he had decided to pick you up around six pm, which was in five minutes.

You checked your bag one last time. Money, handkerchiefs, lip balm, ID, house keys, everything was there. Impatiently you decided to already put on your shoes and your coat, so you were ready to go when Ryan would ring at the door.

When finally the doorbell rang, you jumped up from the bottom of the stairs where you had been sitting, and opened up. In front of you stood Ryan, dressed in a warm winter coat, smiling down on you nervously.

"You're ready," he asked.

You nodded and pulled the door closed behind you. Ryan led you to his car and opened the passenger door for you.

"Where are we going?" Ryan had refused to answer this question earlier when you had asked him in the studio, and again he shook his head.

"It's a surprise," he told you, while starting the motor.

"Oh come on," you whined, tucking at his coat sleeve playfully, "give me a hint at least."

For a moment he seemed to consider it, but then he smiled slyly. "No."

You pretended to pout for a moment before striking up a conversation with him. It was surprisingly easy to talk to Ryan; he always seemed to find the right words to express something and listened carefully when you were talking. The next time you concentrated on the area around you, you did not recognize the part of the city anymore.

"For real now, Ryan, where are we going?" It was strange, you always believed you knew every corner of the town, but you had never been here before.

"We're almost there," he held you up.

You sighed, realizing that he really was stubborn on that topic.

A few minutes later he pulled into an empty parking lot next to a great hall that looked like a stadium. The sign over the main entrance announced "Ice Skating Rink" in big, red, glowing letters, illuminating the place in front of the building.

"Are we gonna see an ice hockey game," you asked confused. You never really had seen ice hockey, but it would definitely be an experience.

"Way better," Ryan grinned, taking your hand and leading you to the entrance. His warm skin on your hand was a welcome difference to the stinging cold air of the beginning night.

Inside was an information desk at which an elderly lady with bright red locks was seated.

"Two tickets, please," he told the lady, who just nodded and handed him two small pieces of paper while he paid.