Patrick Stump x Reader - Hospital Guitar Critic

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: car crash, bad injuries, death
Word count: 3 290

„Hey (y/n)!"

You turned around to the person calling for you. It was Louise from your office.

"Hello Louise," you greeted back tiredly.

"What are you still doing out here?"

It was already nine pm and you were still standing at the bus stop in front of the office building.

"I missed my bus," you explained. It had been a long day and missing the bus was just the last of many rocks that fate had thrown into your way today. Waiting another thirty minutes for a bus was definitely not your favorite thing to do after work.

"You don't live to far from my place, don't you? I can drop you off at home if you'd like," Louise offered.

"You're a life savior, Lou," you told the young woman who laughed lightly. "There's just one problem: do you have enough space for a guitar?" You pointed to the guitar case at your feet.

"Sure, the trunk is big enough," Louise waved you to finally walk over to her and so you picked up your guitar and your bag and followed her into the parking lot.

Ten minutes later you were seated in the car, your bags and the guitar safely in the back and both of you talking about work. You did not know Louise that well, so work was the easiest topic.

"Ted really said that," you wondered. "Well, what did you do?"

"I said he should piss off," she admitted with a giggle.

"And right you were! God knows what I would have done to him if he said that to me," you rubbed your hands over your eyes, tired and baffled that someone dared speaking to other people like Ted had to Louise. The car stopped at a red light. You took a deep breath and looked back up just as the car started moving again, the green lights shining brightly in the dark. Something in the corner of your left eye drew your attention to it and you turned your head. Two bright lights were coming straight for you. Then everything happened so fast, you barely registered it. There was a loud honk of a horn, then a heavy impact throwing you to the side and the sound of crashing glass and metal. Then everything went black.

When you woke back up, you had no sense of how much time had passed. Your vision was blurry and your ears were ringing. There were shouts of people and sirens. You head and neck hurt like hell, your left leg felt as if it had been shattered and a terrible pain came from your stomach. You reached for your head when something dripped in your eyes. You tasted iron, blood. You tried to turn your head to look for Louise but it was too dark and your vision was too blurry to make out anything specific. You tried to reach over to her, even though your arms hurt and when you reached her, you only felt more sticky liquid at your hands. The voices grew louder. Someone banged at your window, calling for you. Then the door was opened and someone unbuckled you. You groaned when they touched you. Every motion was causing you only more pain. Someone lifted you out of the car and you tried not to. They were only doing their job, no reason to make it more difficult for them. Unintelligible words sounded in your ears, but the voice was calming, soothing and you closed your eyes, focusing on the voice. Suddenly your head started to spin and you lost every connection to your surroundings, falling back into darkness.

~*~

You were woken up by a regular beeping. You tried to open your eyes but the eyelids were too heavy. Your body felt numb and when you moved your arm a great sting of pain shot through it. Suddenly there were voices again, at first many, all talking with each other. They were close but you could not really understand what any of them were saying. But then the voices quieted down and only a single voice was to be heard. It was the voice of a man, he talked slowly and calmly, making you calm down from the growing panic in your heart.