Gerard Way x Reader - (Un)successful

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: some dirty jokes and innuendos
Word
count: 2 477
Reader:
male

You knew it was bad news that the group of punks started throwing glances your way during lunch. They were trouble, with their black hair, tattoos and piercings, their leather jackets and their big mouths, drinking and smoking every weekend as if there was no tomorrow. You did your best to fade into the background, out of view from the dark eyes that had followed you the moment you had entered the lunch room. But your chair was already pushed into the corner and you were already sunken down as deep as possible. Maybe if you pretended that you did not notice them, they would lose interest in you.

You had almost convinced yourself that your plan was working, when suddenly there was a knock on the table. You looked up from your plate and were met with the sight of Gerard Way, one of the punks, standing next to you. His knuckles, with which he had knocked on the table, were still resting against the surface. A strand of his black hair dangled in front of his eyes, a leather jacket hugged his shoulders.

"Hey," he greeted, a shy smile that did not fit his appearance at all, but was admittedly cute, playing around his lips.

"Hey," you answered, glad that your voice was not shaking. You placed the fork you were holding aside and pulled the sleeves of your light blue sweater over your hands, making sweater paws.

"I'm not sure if you know me," Gerard said, a hit of insecurity in his voice.

Of course you knew him, he was in almost every class with you. And how should you not know him? He had a beautiful face, stunning eyes, his hair was always a bit disheveled and his black clothes were an amazing contrast to his pale skin. Of course you knew him.

"You're Gerard," you managed to tell him, watching as he seemed to grow a bit more confident at your answer, "We're in class together."

"Yup, we are," Gerard grinned, his position relaxing a little.

Suddenly a loud voice from the corner from where the other punks were seated sounded over the deafening noise of the lunch room. "Gee wants the D!"

Gerard flipped the boy off who had shouted that and turned back to you.

"Oh, you want the dip? Sure, take it, I don't like it anyway," you handed him the small paper cup in which the school served the dip for the fries.

Gerard took the dip, rather confused, thanked you and walked back to his friends.

"So, did he say yes," Frank immediately asked when Gerard was back at their table.

Wordlessly he placed the paper cup with the dip on the table.

"Is that a no," Ray wondered, suspiciously eyeing the cup.

"He thought I wanted his dip, after you had to shout this bullshit," Gerard hissed at Frankie, "he thought I came because of dip, he thought..." Helplessly he buried his face in his hands.

Frank burst into laughter.

"So when Frank said you wanted the D, he thought D stood for dip," Ray asked just to be sure.

Gerard nodded and Frank sunk under the table, almost suffocating from laughing so hard.

~*~

After his unsuccessful attempt to talk to you during lunch, Gerard had originally planned to put his genius plan to get to know you better on hold, but getting paired up with you for the English project changed his plans yet again.

Gerard unashamedly took the opportunity to invite you over to his house for studying. He was not entirely sure yet how he wanted to approach you, not too quickly that was for sure, but he had to find a way to make you aware of his growing fondness of you.