Gerard Way x Reader - Shared

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 192

Isn't it supposed to be spring? You pulled your jacket tighter around your body and threw another glance on the piece of paper that had an address scribbled on it. You were definitely on the right street, just the house number proofed difficult to find. Finally you spotted the small sign with the letters 'Nada Recording Studio' next to a few stairs that lead to a basement apartment. You searched for the doorbell but could not find one, so you decided to knock instead. When your knuckles made contact with the dark wood of the door, it opened a bit. Unlocked, just like he said, you thought and pushed the door open further to step inside.

The corridor you found yourself in was dimly lit with a few old, raw lightbulbs and the floor was covered in dark fitted carpet. You followed the sound of voices, hoping they would lead you to the recording room, while you gripped the bag you carried a little tighter.

Frank, Mikey and Ray were sitting in the lounge, if you wanted to call a room with a sofa and a few magazines a lounge, and were talking quietly, apart from Frank's occasional yelp when someone said something he thought to be funny. They were just discussing how they had loved the emotions Gerard had poured into singing 'Early Sunsets Over Monroe Ville', when Ray noticed a figure approach the lounge through the dark corridor. A moment later a young person stepped into the room, their eyes scanning it quickly.

"Dibs," whispered Mikey, not loud enough for them to hear.

"What, no," Frank hit Mikey's knee.

You were a few years older than him, but hell, you were hot and who cared about a few years of age difference these days anyway, he was over eighteen. That you were attractive had not escaped Ray either, and out of the three he was the first one to find his voice again.

"How can we help you," he asked, trying to sound casual when really he had a hard time not to freak out.

"You must be Mikey," you pointed to Gerard's younger brother; they had similar facial features, "and let me guess, Ray and Frank," you pointed to the other two who nodded eagerly, "I come bearing gifts," you joked and walked further into the room to put the bag you had been carrying on a table. "There are cookies," you pulled out a tin filled with freshly baked sweets, "and some homemade elder syrup, I hope you like elder."

You grinned at the wide eyes the three boys were giving you.

"Oh, you made it," the cheerful voice of Gerard sounded from the corridor as he entered the room.

"Hey there," you grinned as your boyfriend wrapped an arm around you.

"Oh damn," Mikey whispered disappointedly.

"Not fair," Ray agreed so quietly neither you nor Gerard could hear.

"I see you met the boys," Gerard asked.

You stayed for the rest of the afternoon and watched the band recording while getting to know them better. Gerard had seemed pretty proud to introduce you to them earlier that day and when you left the studio hand in hand in the evening, you could tell how important it had been to him to share this with you. You knew how he felt about it. He wanted to show you all these things, just like he had spent hours showing you his drawings and sketches, because he felt like you became more a part of his life when you knew about these things. Gerard and you had not been together for long yet, but you had been friends for a few years now, so you knew about these little things that meant so much him. You loved it, when he shared something with you. It made you feel like you belonged at his side and took the nervousness away when you introduced him to more parts of your life.

When Gerard and you got home to his room in his parents basement, you curled up on his bed together.

"It was nice of you to make cookies," he whispered, burying his nose in the crook of your neck and you could feel him inhale deeply.

"I thought I can't just show up and not bring anything, I know how hungry you always are," you told him, running your fingers through his black locks.

"Am not," Gerard protested.

"Yes, yes you are," you giggled.

"Hm, maybe," he agreed.

Outside it had started raining; big, heavy raindrops beat against the basement window, making both of you sleepy. There was nowhere you needed to be, neither today nor tomorrow, and it felt just perfect, lying cuddled up next to Gerard in his bed, listening to the storm outside.

"Do you wanna watch a movie," Gerard suddenly asked.

"Will we have to move for that," you asked back, not willing to give up the comfort of this arrangement just yet.

Gerard sat up, smiling at your whining about the loss of his body heat. He jumped up and put a tape into the device underneath the television. He grabbed the remote and jumped back onto the bed next to you, pushing a pillow under your back so you sat up straight and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you into him again.

The movie he had chosen was one of the old horror movies he loved watching. You had seen the movie a dozen times by now, but the last time you had seen it, Gerard and you had not been together yet. You made not much of an effort to concentrate to the plot; too distracted were you by the boy next to you. You ran your fingers over the thin shirt he was wearing, listened to his breathing and how he whispered along with the lines of the movie. His long hair was ticking your neck a little and it smelled so perfectly of him.

You did not know who or when it started, but suddenly you were kissing him, the dull colors of the movie lighting up the room barely as you weaved your fingers into his locks. His lips were soft and you felt like almost losing your mind over the way he moved against you. One day this boy would be the death of you, you were sure.

The kissing that had started out desperately anddemanding calmed down after a while, only lazy lips gently caressing againsteach other as you had sunken down the pillows, again lying on the bedcomfortably. Your noses brushed against each other and in the dark you tried toget a look at Gerard's eyes, but they seemed to be closed. You pressed anothershort kiss against his lips, feeling him respond barely, now that he was almostasleep. You smiled against his lips, knowing that he had let you in so deeplyinto his life when he had been so hesitant about it at first. You knew it wasan honor and the proof of his trust. Trust that you could only hope he knew youhad in him too.