Patrick Stump x Reader x Joe Trohman - Emotional Turbulences

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: cheating
Word
count: 3 138

Being on tour with Fall Out Boy was probably the best experience in your life so far. Sure, being their tour manager was a hard job, but you enjoyed it anyways. The most annoying thing was probably that everyone was always late, while it was your job to make sure they were not. The expert at being late was Patrick. When you announced sound check for 4pm and checked on him at quarter past four because he was still not on stage, you often found him wearing his pyjama while still brushing his teeth. But his habit of being late was just one of the many quirks you liked about him. You knew it was unprofessional and it would never work out, but you had started to fall in love with Patrick. What confused you though was that at the same time you started developing similar feelings for the other guitarist of the band, Joe. It was hard to imagine, even for you, that you could have such strong feelings for two people at the same time, but here you were, emotionally torn between the short, blond singer and the tall, dark haired guitarist.

It was Friday afternoon and once again you were waiting for Patrick to appear at the sound check. Pete threw an impatient look at the clock, while Andy absentmindedly practiced a few beats on his drums.

"(Y/n), do you think you could go check on Patrick," Pete asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

You looked at the clock yourself; Patrick was twenty minutes late, again.

"Sure thing," you hopped down from the table you had been seated on at the side of the stage.

"Tell him there's no dessert for him if he's late next time!"

You giggled at Pete's comment and headed away from the stage, through the many corridors of the venue and outside in the parking lot where the tour bus was parked.

"Jo, Patrick," you shouted, banging against the door before entering, "you're late again!"

Much to your surprise you found Patrick fully dressed, even wearing his dorky fedora already but he just stood in the middle of the tiny living room.

"Dude, everyone's waiting for you," you told him, motioning him out of the door.

"Hey (y/n), I need to talk to you," he said, not moving a millimeter from where he stood.

"And the others need you for sound check," you argued, walking over to him and grabbing his hand, pulling him towards the door.

"But it's really important," he whined.

"So important that it can't even wait until after sound check," you asked annoyed.

"Yes, so important," he pleaded.

You took a look at his face; he seemed pretty serious so you gave in.

"Okay, what's wrong," you wondered, letting go of his hand you were still holding.

"I need to talk to you about something," he stated.

"Yeah, so you said, what is it?"

"Is it possible you have a crush on me?"

The blood froze in your veins. Had you seriously expected to keep your feelings hidden for all the time you were on tour?

"Because Pete said, he thought you might have a thing for me and you know, I like you too, a lot..." Patrick kept rambling, his face beet red. "So I thought I'd just ask you whether you like me because you know, if there's a chance you like me too, we could... like... I don't know, get together or something, whatever."

You did not know what to think. Patrick liked you? You had been wondering for ages what you would do if either Patrick or Joe tried to approach you. You always came to the conclusion that you would say no to them, tell them you were not interested or tell them you did not want to make things complicated, not while being on tour. But now that Patrick stood in front of you, serving his heart on a silver plate, you could not resist.