Advent Calendar - Dec 13

*Picture Source: https://oldfarmhouse.tumblr.com/post/154784311802/oldfarmhouse *

Words: 590

While you sat in the sofa cross legged, Ryan sat right in front of you, his blue hair sometimes falling into his face as he tried to concentrate on tying the perfect bow on the bottle of whiskey that he wanted to gift his grandfather with for Christmas. He sighed in agony as he realized that the ribbon he had cut off was too short for the difficult bow he planned on making, so he pulled it open again, and threw the piece of fabric over his shoulder, right next to your knee.

Knowing that you could not help him, you picked up the ribbon and started playing around with it, tying knots or bows of your own into it, before flattening it again.

After what seemed like hours, Ryan finally was happy with his work, and pushed the now skillfully decorated bottle of alcohol aside. He dropped his head backwards against your legs, staring up at you, and like a reflex your fingers immediately found his hair. Slowly you ran your fingers through the blue strands, marveling at how soft and silky it was. At the very base of his hair you could already see how it had grown out in its natural hair color again, a deep, warm brown that beautifully matched his eyes. Had it not been less than two weeks since he re-dyed his hair the last time?

"Your hair grows very fast," you mumbled, waving your fingers more into Ryan's hair, running them along his scalp, and massaging it gently.

Ryan did not answer; he just hummed quietly, his eyes beginning to flutter shut at the calming sensation of the person he loved playing so carefully with his hair.

You smiled at the deep growl with which he had answered, and started braiding single strands of his hair in different techniques. Ryan's eyes were closed the entire time, but he was not asleep. He enjoyed your touches and the little tucking at his hair, the way your breath fanned over his skin, and he knew you were smiling down on him, which in return drew a smile on his face as well.

You cocked your head to the side to see your work better and then suddenly remembered the red ribbon you had cast aside. You picked it up, and started braiding it into one of the hair as well, the vibrant red forcefully contrasting the intense blue. Ryan either seemed not to notice or not to care because he stayed entirely still the whole time.

After about an hour he eventually stirred, fluttering his eyes back open, and looked at you a little sleepily. Not thinking about it, you leant forward, and connected your lips to his, drawing a soft purr from him. It felt strange kissing him upside down like this, but you were too lazy to move. When you pulled away, a barely noticeable pink hue had dusted over Ryan's cheek, which made you smile once more. After almost two years of dating one would assume a kiss like this was nothing to make him blush anymore, but here you were.

Ryan slowly sat up, turning his head a few times, after having had it laid back for so long. He stood up, and pecked you on the lips again, before he grabbed the bottle of whiskey and stored it into one of the cupboards where it would sit until Christmas Eve.

It took Ryan more than three hours before he noticed the ribbon that was still woven into his blue hair.