Nicole Row x Reader - Bar Date

Requested on Tumblr
Word count: 2 781

You watched Nicole move around on stage, and your heart beat a little faster remembering the conversation you had had earlier that evening. Ever since you had first seen her, you had had a crush on her. Now that you were on tour, you spent a lot of time together, hanging out in the bus and talking for hours about your favorite movies, the best books you had ever read and about everything else that came to mind. The better you got to know her, the more you liked the blonde bassist and soon you decided to ask her out. Sure, it was the stereotypical roadie-tour-member-cliché but you had the feeling that she might like you back. So when you had finally found the courage to ask her out for a drink after the show, it should not have surprised you that she said yes, but it did.

Now you were impatiently following the songs on the set list, always counting how many songs they had left to play. You knew you could not just take off after she came off stage. She probably wanted to shower and change her clothes, and you had to help cleaning of the stage.

When finally the last note of the last song echoed through the venue and it was replaced with the cheering from the audience, you took a deep breath. You were incredibly nervous, even though you were not sure why. You had spent literally days talking to Nicole, why would you get nervous all of a sudden? Tonight would not be much different, except for maybe her noticing your flirting a bit more.

You were still deep in thought, when the band came backstage. You noticed just in time to see Nicole walk past you, sending a bright and breathtakingly beautiful smile your way.

You looked around for your fellow colleagues, and when you had found them, you walked on stage together, starting to pack microphones, cables and all the other things on stage. Two other guys were busy taking apart the drum set while you peeled duct tape off of the floor, cursing under your breath because of the glue residue that got stuck on your fingers.

Luckily cleaning up the stage was a quick process, considering how many people helped and not long after you found yourself climbing the stairs to the tour bus that most of the roadies, including you, shared with the band. Nicole was nowhere in sight yet, so you took the time to quickly getting ready yourself. You took a bottle of water to the bathroom and used the water from the bottle, soap and a flannel to get the sweat and dust of the venue off your body. Of course there was a shower in the small bathroom, but from the experience of other people you knew that showering on the bus was a bad idea if you did not want to get ill. Even washing hands was critical since the water was not very clean. After your lick and promise, you applied some deodorant and put on some fresh, not sweaty clothes, a jeans and a t-shirt, which color accentuated your eyes nicely. You were just done fixing your appearance in the mirror and exited the bathroom, when Nicole came climbing into the bus.

"Hey, " you greeted and waved rather awkwardly to her.

She did not seem to mind since she smiled and waved back.

"I'm with you in a moment, I'm just gonna put my things away," she told you.

You nodded and watched her walk to the bunk area of the bus. You checked your pockets if you had everything; money, your ID and the pass that allowed you access to the backstage and the busses.

"There I am," Nicole grinned, appearing at your side. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a white shirt, carrying a thin jacket over her arm since the night was cool.

"Great, you ready to go," you asked, unable to keep the smile off your face.

She nodded and together you left the bus, waving goodbye to the other two roadies who were sitting on the couches in the bus.