Dallon Weeks x Reader - Sticky Notes

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 508

The noise of the traffic from outside did not reach the insides of the old building in which the library was housed. You walked up tall stairs, through wide corridors and into a high room that was filled with thousands and thousands of different books. It was completely quiet while you strode to one of the desks next to a window. The books seemed to swallow all the sounds and had it not been bright daylight, it would have been spooky.

When you reached an empty desk, you dropped your backpack to the ground and started piling notebooks and pens on the table. Studying for exams was not one of your favorite things but this was only a small exam and you had made a study schedule so that within five days you were able to revise all the material. With a defeated sigh you started to go through the first of your notebooks. It did not take long and you had no idea what at least half a dozen words meant. But you were in a library for a reason. You stood up and started to search through the shelves full of books until you reached the section you believed you could find a book for your problem in. It did not take you long and you had found a big lexicon with the most important words for your subject. You walked back to your desk but when you turned to your notes, you found a yellow post-it note stuck to the opened page. Confused you took it and read the few words that where neatly written down on it with a black pen.

"I hope you have a good day!"

Drawn in the top right corner was a tiny sun. You smiled at the note while wondering where it came from. You had never seen it before. You looked around to see if anyone was passing nice notes to working people but all the people you saw were concentrated on their books. You frowned a bit, disappointed that you could not thank the person who had written these kind words. You sat back down and continued working, feeling a bit more light hearted after finding the note. It did not take long and you were stuck on another problem, so you began searching for a book to help you. When you returned to your table, you found another sticky note.

"I hope you know that you look really beautiful."

The few words put a smile on your face even though you doubted that you looked beautiful. You were wearing comfortable jeans and a warm oversized sweater. But the note was nice anyway; also you were pretty certain you were the only one receiving little written compliments, which made you feel special.

A few hours and four more sticky notes later you grabbed all the books and placed them back where you had found them. It took you a while, finding the right place for each book, the short sentences that you had received clouding your mind and drawing a smile on your face.

"Imagine this place in summer. When the sun sets it shines right through these windows, everything glows golden"

"If I'd have more courage, I'd talk to you. But I'm shy around pretty people"

"I think libraries are magic places. The books create an atmosphere that can't be created anywhere else."

"Please remember to drink enough, your body needs the water!"

When you finally had placed back all the books and returned to your desk, you found a final note stuck to your notebook.

"I hope you didn't mind me flirting with you. Enjoy your evening!"

You smiled at that note and quickly pulled out a pen to write your answer under the words written by a stranger.

"You honestly made my day. Thank you!"

~*~

The next day, you returned to the library. After all you still had to follow your study schedule. But you were also curious if the mysterious note writer would be there again.