Gerard Way x Reader - Cuddles

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: none, just fluff
Word
count: 1 127

You rang the doorbell, impatiently waiting for Gerard to open up. It was a Saturday as any other. It was freezing outside, clouds darkening the sky, threatening to spill the first raindrops any second. As usually Gerard's parents were not home and his younger brother Mikey was hanging out at some friend's place, leaving the Ways' house all to you and your kinda boyfriend. And with 'kinda boyfriend' I mean it was difficult. You both had admitted your feelings for each other some time back, but because neither of you ever had a relationship before, you were uncertain how to proceed from there. Maybe it seemed strange to people that you never had a boyfriend even though you were in college already, but you were glad you had taken things as slow as felt right for you. And so was Gerard. After you had admitted your feelings for Gerard he had giggled and told you he felt the same. You had hugged and he had asked if you wanted him to be your boyfriend, and of course you had said yes. But from then on you both were more or less helpless. You knew at some point you were going to kiss or make out or whatever and you were really looking forward to it. Hell, you wished you were already kissing, but it had never been the right moment and neither of you wanted to mess up such a special point in your lives.

Finally Gerard opened the door, his long black hair falling messily into his eyes.

"(Y/n)," he cheered, hugging you tightly. "I've missed you!"

"You saw me yesterday evening," you giggled.

"I still missed you," he insisted, pressing his nose against the side of your neck.

"I missed you too," you admitted, hugging him back.

"We should go inside, I think it starts to rain," Gerard told you, letting go of you and pulling you inside the warm house. As soon as he had closed the door behind you, he engulfed you in another hug.

"Wow, someone's in need of cuddles today, hm?" you asked, wrapping your arms around him, rubbing circles in his back.

"Do you mind?" Gerard pulled back worryingly, glancing down at your face.

"Not at all," you smiled, ruffling his long hair.

"Bedroom?" he asked hopefully.

"Bedroom," you agreed.

Grinning he took your hand and lead you down the stairs to the basement where his room was. His paint stained fingers wrapped around your clean ones and a warm feeling spread through you. You knew this feeling all too well by now. It came every time Gerard touched you, be it taking your hand, combing a strand of hair out of your eyes or hugging you as tightly as he just had done.

His room smelled like it always did, a mixture of Gerard and coffee. You knew no better way to describe it. There was Gerard's unique smell, the one you would recognize anywhere in the world, the one smell that made you feel so save and loved. And coffee. There was always a cup of freshly brewed coffee in Gerard's room. In your eyes he was a coffee addict, but you did not mind, it was just one of his many quirks that you had fallen in love with.

Gerard plopped down on his bed, opening his arms invitingly for you. You smiled and crawled into his embrace, placing your head on his chest while his arms wrapped around your body and your legs tangled with his. He hummed contently which made his chest vibrate and you giggled a bit, before both of you fell silent. Absentmindedly you drew patterns on his shirt with your fingers. Everything about Gerard was so soft, his chest, his stomach, his arms, his face, his voice, his eyes, his hair, even his clothes were soft. You closed your eyes, deeply inhaling his scent and listened to his steady breathing and his calmly beating heart.

You were not sure how much time had passed when you opened your eyes again. You had not really been asleep but you had not been awake either. The room was darker than before and rain was drumming against the basement windows, cold wind howling outside. But you were warm and save, protected by Gerard's presence.

Suddenly he spoke up. "Can I ask you something?" His voice was quiet and shook slightly. He sounded nervous. You noticed how his heart sped up.

You lent your head back so you could look at Gerard's face. His hazel eyes glimmered in the dim light of his room and his lips looked so soft and kissable. You blinked at him invitingly, making sure to keep your focus on his eyes in order to not make him feel uncomfortable.

"Would you mind if I... if I kissed you?"

Wow, that was not what you had expected. You were not entirely sure what you had expected but certainly not that. You could feel a blush rising into your cheeks while you watched the same happening to Gerard. Shyly you nodded, uncertain how to go on from here. Luckily Gerard seemed to have a plan. He lent down, bringing his face closer to yours until finally his lips gently brushed against yours. They were softer than you could have ever imagined. For a moment both of you held still, enjoying the moment, before Gerard found the courage to move his lips against yours. It was soft and gently, and your lips perfectly melted together. You wondered how you ever had been able to keep so much self-control to not have done this any earlier, but your thoughts were soon pushed away by those of Gerard's sweet lips brushing against yours demandingly. And you were happy to give in.

You did not know or care how much time passed. Kissing Gerard was all you could think about and you were dreading the moment in which you had to pull away from his soft kisses.

Suddenly the bang of a door upstairs made both of you jump.

"I'm home!" the voice of Gerard's younger brother echoed through the house.

"Mikey," Gerard and you noted at the same time, making both of you giggle.

"And now?" You asked concerned.

"What now? Mikey is old enough to look after himself," Gerard said, his gaze already wandering back to your pink lips.

"I've got pizza!" Mikey yelled from upstairs.

Just then you noticed how hungry you really were. "He's got pizza though." You looked up at Gerard, asking for his advice.

"Pizza gets cold and we can still keep kissing later," he considered.

"I like the way you're thinking," you told him with a smile, while both of you sat up.

Gerard grinned back at you before answering his brother. "We're on our way!"