Patrick Stump x Reader - Trouble Part Two

Word count: 2 513

Nervously you pulled on the black shirt you were wearing. It was five to seven, Patrick would come to pick you up for your date any minute and you still were not sure if you wanted to wear what you were dressed in. You wanted to look cute, but elegant and still like yourself but not knowing where Patrick would be taking you made it hard to decide on an outfit. He was taking you out for pizza, yes, but was it a fancy Italian restaurant or a small pizza shop at the corner of a big street?

Just in that moment the doorbell rang. You glanced at yourself in the mirror one last time; you were wearing the black shirt, ripped skinny jeans and sneakers. You had showered, combed your hair and were wearing deodorant, so it seemed like you had forgotten nothing. Quickly you grabbed your wallet and headed to the hallway from where you heard voices; apparently your mother had opened the door. You spied Patrick standing in the door, looking nervous but also confident, wearing a green shirt and a cardigan. You smiled at him, grabbing your leather jacket and walked past your mother to the door.

"(Y/n), why don't you introduce this young man to me," she asked, just when you were about to walk out. She looked pleasantly surprised at Patrick; maybe she hoped he would finally be good influence on you.

"Mom, this is Patrick, he goes to my school and were going out for pizza. Patrick, this is my mom," you introduced them impatiently. "Can we go now?"

Patrick waved awkwardly at your mother and she smiled at him gently. Undoubtedly this was the first time Patrick ever was in that situation, it was also your first time to be in that situation.

"Great, let's go," you decided, finally walking out of the door.

"Bye!" Patrick waved quickly before jogging to his car that was parked in the street. "May I?" He held open the passenger door for you.

You chuckled at his sweet gesture and climbed inside.

~*~

The place Patrick had picked for your date was a small, intimate Italian restaurant. The walls were painted in terracotta, grapevines dragging along them and the windows were framed with white paint, giving the room a cozy Mediterranean atmosphere. For a moment you were worried you were underdressed, but a glance at the few other guests showed you that everyone else was dressed casually.

"I hope it's not too much," Patrick mumbled, looking up at you worriedly as the waiter lit the candle on the table you sat on.

"No, it's perfect," you beamed, your eyes still wandering around the room. From the corner of your eye you could see Patrick blush slightly, making you smile even wider.

While you were waiting for your pizza, you had the first real conversation with Patrick. To be honest, you had only talked twice before, Friday after school and Friday evening after he had been beat up. Patrick was a shy person, not talking much about himself, until there was a topic he was interested in. You had asked him about the band he was playing in, the one he had mentioned yesterday and now he had been talking for almost half an hour. You loved listening to his stories. Every now and then you would ask him questions and he answered them excitedly. His voice was quiet but he talked fast and the spark in his eyes never faded.

Finally your pizza arrived. When Patrick had found out that you planned on ordering the same pizza as him, he had suggested getting one big pizza and share. Twenty-four hours ago you would have rolled your eyes at such a cliché romantic gesture but now you were fascinated by his idea.

An hour later you had finished your pizza and a small portion of ice cream each. You watched as Patrick scooped out the last bit of ice cream from his bowl. This evening was fun and you really did not want it to end. You had talked about music, pets, favorite colors and stupid movies, and you had laughed all the time. You could not remember the last time, someone payed you as much attention as Patrick did, or the last time you payed someone as much attention as you payed Patrick.