Patrick Stump x Reader - Cupid (Charmed AU)

Requested on Tumbr
Word
count:4 313
Reader:
female

Patrick carefully watched the couple in the café from afar. The man was trying to take the woman's hand- but she pulled away. Patrick sighed. Great. Another unsuccessful attempt to set (y/n) up. This was never gonna work out. Being a cupid really sucked sometimes, especially when the person you were trying to find a match to always seemed to have bad luck with their partners. Sometimes the attempt failed at the first date, just like now, sometimes a relationship developed and the guy was an idiot and cheated on her. Honestly, (y/n) was not the first and only person Patrick tried to find the true love for, but he had never seen someone so unlucky as her. He watched as she got up from the table in the café and left. He quickly looked away, deep in thought again, when she walked into his direction. In his mind he was checking people he could set her up with next. There was this cute guy from the flower shop a few streets down, or the one who worked as a lab assistant at the university. Just in that moment someone forcefully bumped into him. Confused he looked up from the bush he had been staring at and into these beautiful, shining eyes. He had seen her eyes before but always from the distance, up close they were magnificent.

"Sorry," she mumbled, looking away quickly. "My fault."

And with that she kept walking away. Patrick looked after her. She had looked tired and worn out; maybe he should give her a break from dating. Just for a while.

~*~

(Y/n) closed the door, took off her shoes and fell down on the sofa. She was done with dating. She knew she said that after every failed date or broken up relationship, but every time another cute or interesting guy came along and asked her out. In the last year alone she had been to dozens of unsuccessful dates and just about a month ago she had caught her boyfriend of two months cheating on her. It was okay, he had not been her great love, but it had been nice not to lay in bed alone.

She spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa, listening to her favorite album on repeat. She was just about to get up to make dinner, when suddenly the door to her apartment flung open. A man, not taller than 5'5 stood in the door, strawberry blond hair, black, dorky glasses and a surprised expression when he saw her.

"Oh," he whispered.

"What are you doing in my flat?" (y/n) asked, already thinking of ways she could defend herself if necessary. He did not look exactly dangerous, but you never knew.

"Sorry, wrong apartment, I think I live one floor down" he smiled apologetically.

She stared at him. "I know you," she suddenly remembered. "You are the guy I bumped into at the café!"

"Right, yeah, I'm Patrick," the man introduced. He offered her his hand to shake but she did not take it.

"How'd you get in here," (y/n) asked suspiciously.

"I don't know, the keys, they must have kinda... I don't know," he stammered. "I'm leaving, good evening." With that he was out of the flat and pulled the door closed behind him.

(Y/n) kept staring at the door for a few seconds when suddenly the phone rang. Pulled out of her trace she picked up.

"(Y/n) here," she spoke into the microphone.

"Hey (y/n), it's Sarah."

Sarah was her younger sister and next week she was throwing an engagement party that (y/n) promised to help plan.

"Hey, how are you," (y/n) asked. Suddenly she felt guilty that she had forgotten about her the entire day.

"Fine, you, I was wondering, did you order the flowers already?"