Patrick Stump x Reader - We Were So Good (Part Two)

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: mention of sexual actions
Word
count: 1 678

You were really trying not to rush things with Patrick, but it was hard. It was hard because you had known each other basically all your life and knew everything about each other. Or so you though. No one knew Patrick on a platonic level better than you, and the other way around, but you soon found out that you knew nothing about him when it came to romance.

You knew Patrick was no friend of pda. He hated kissing in public. It made him feel vulnerable and he was also scared to make others feel uncomfortable. But he always insisted on holding hands with you. You were not complaining, not at all. You loved being so close to him and you loved that you showed the world in this subtle way, that you belonged together.

With cuddles, you had always assumed that Patrick preferred to be the little spoon, the one who was curled into a small ball, while the other one wrapped their arms around him. Before you ever cuddled with Patrick, it had worried you a bit, because you also preferred being the small, protected one. But you soon found out, your worries were unnecessary. When you had guided Patrick inside your apartment after he had confessed his feelings for you, you had cuddled into your soft blankets and immediately he had wrapped his arms around you protectively. You had wondered if you had ever felt so safe and loved as you did in that morning while you talked to Patrick about your feelings for each other. You had been pressed against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, and he had his face buried in your hair.

Another wrong assumption of yours had been that you thought Patrick liked soft, slow kisses. Which he did, he liked all kind of kisses when they came from you, but when you had time and no one could disturb you the kisses were demanding, rough and heated. Patrick loved to feel your body against his; he lived for the moments when little sighs and moans escaped your lips or when your hands were tightly wrapped into his hair. He loved to feel your heartbeat against his chest and he was so fascinated by how red your lips would be after he had kissed you.

So there really was a lot to explore about each other, which you had no idea about. You realized it had been a wise decision not to rush. For example you had decided together, that you did not want to make out, or even sleep with each other, until a month into the relationship. Patrick had made that decision, even though you had whined. He remembered the time you had cried about feeling so uncomfortable because your boyfriend had taken things to the next level too fast and you had not noticed. Patrick did not want that to happen because of him and you knew he was right, even though it was hard to keep your hands under control when you were cuddling and kissing on his couch.

Your first time with Patrick was the most magical thing you could have imagined. It was a long weekend, Friday being a holiday, so you had extra much time. On Thursday evening Patrick took you out for a romantic dinner. When you got home he suggested, you could take a shower together so one thing led to another and you spent three days in bed, cuddling between messed up sheets, kissing, touching each other and whispering love confessions into each other's ears. It was better than any dream you could have ever had.

It had been several weeks since then and you had even told your parents about the relationship by now. Patrick's parents had been surprised, but happy for their son, while your parents had laughed at you, telling you they had always known you would end up with him. You pretended to be mad at their reaction, but in reality you laughed at yourself as well.

Today would be the first, long awaited family dinner at your parents' house. They had invited Patrick and you over to 'get to know your boyfriend'. You knew that it was a very casual get together, but Patrick was nervous none the less. For days he had been worrying about what to wear and what to talk about. When you had told him that your parents already knew him and that it was really just casual, he started to stress even more. Apparently he thought he had to make up for all the fashion mistakes from his teenage years.