Gerard Way x Reader - Moving

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 385

Rubbing your hurting hands you looked over the cardboard wrapped packages that were standing everywhere in the room.

"What do you want to start with," Gerard asked, stepping into the room next to you. His grey shirt had dark stains where his sweat from carrying the not yet put together furniture into the future bedroom wetted the shirt.

"How about we start with the bed, so we don't have to sleep on that matrass anymore," you suggested pointing to the biggest package on the left side of the room.

Gerard hummed and walked over to the package that contained the wardrobe.

"I like the matrass," he mumbled, and pulled a carpet knife out of one of his pockets. He opened it and cut open the cardboard. "Can't we keep it a little longer?"

"You just want to keep it so you can build a blanket fort, admit it," you laughed and went over to where he had knelt down on the floor, sitting beside him and helping him to search for the building instructions.

"That might be true," he admitted with a grin.

You shook your head, wondering what you had gotten yourself into by marrying this man, and reached over to push one of his white bleached, sweaty strands of hair out of his forehead before pressing a quick kiss to his salty lips.

"You are a child," you told him, unable to suppress the grin on your lips.

"And you married me, it's your own fault," he defended playfully.

Gerard and you had gotten married just a few weeks back. After your honeymoon you had finally been able to move into your new home, a big house on top of a hill with a nice view. Gerard had decided that he wanted new bedroom furniture and a better sofa, now that the two of you owned a house in which you wanted to grow old together. Just this morning the furniture had been delivered. Half the other furniture like shelves and the kitchen interior was not yet put up, so it was a big chaos anyway, but Gerard seemed incredibly excited about the new bedroom, so he insisted on starting here, and you agreed.

A good while and lots of confusion about ambiguous instructions later the wardrobe and the two nightstands were finally put up. The sun was already setting in an orange glow behind the hills in the distance and the still naked lightbulb that dangled from the ceiling spread warm light through the room. Gerard helped you to get up from your place on the floor where you had built the last drawer and handed you a glass with fresh water. Eagerly you took a few gulps, savoring the feeling of the cool, smooth material against your hurting fingers. It was obvious that you were not used to lifting sharp edged wood boards around. You took the cold glass away from your mouth and were surprised by Gerard's soft and warm lips, replacing it. The contrast of temperature sent a comfortable chill down your spine and you ran your free hand over his slightly sweaty hair, making him smile into the kiss.

"I'm starving," he mumbled against you, and you giggled.

"Then let's eat," you answered, taking his hand in yours and pulling him into the kitchen.

The stove was not yet set up and pots and pans were still sealed away in one of the boxes by the window, so dinner consisted of cup noodles, the water being heated in the microwave.

Gerard laughed at the way your eyes started burning from the spicy food, because of course he had bought the extra hot noodles, but in return you giggled when his noodles slid off of his fork. He shot you an angry glare, but broke into a smile immediately when he saw yours. How could he even pretend be angry at someone with such a beautiful, magical smile?

You were sitting on the kitchen floor opposite each other. Your knees were touching and your cheerful voices echoed through the still unfurnished rooms of the house. The noodles were not really nutritious, but they filled the belly and made you warm, and that was enough for now.

After both you and Gerard had finished, he went for a shower, to rinse away the sweat and dust of the day. You waited patiently, listening to his quiet singing that sounded over the running water, while you wandered around the house aimlessly. It was a big house, offering much space for all the books and instruments both you and Gerard owned. It felt weird, walking around a house without furniture. Only brown boxes were standing here and there, but at the same time it gave you a feeling of comfort. You could imagine pretty good what the house would look like once everything was in place.

When Gerard was done in the bathroom, it was your turn. It felt cleansing to get rid of the dirt of the day and relaxing your sore muscles in the stream of the hot water that fogged up the window. You used Gerard's shampoo to wash your hair. Usually you had your own, but sometimes if gave you a feeling of safety when you smelled it on yourself, like he was constantly around. In return he used your shampoo as well, and once he had returned from tour with a bottle of the same shampoo you always used. He had bought it a few weeks into the tour, claiming he had missed your smell and that the shampoo was the closest he could get to that.

After your skin had turned red from the heat of the water and all the sticky sweat was washed off, you climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around your body, drying yourself off, before putting on some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Gerard was already waiting for you in the living room, sitting cross-legged on the matrass that replaced your bed while it was not put up. In his lap rested a comic and his eyes quickly scanned the dialogs only to stop every other moment to take a closer look at the images. When he heard you entering the room, he placed the comic aside and grinned at you.

"How are you feeling, sugar," he asked, stretching his hands out for you.

You took his hands and let him pull you down so you were both laying on the matrass, you on top of him.

"Tired, happy, exhausted, in love," you glanced down at him, marveling at the sparkle in his eyes at your last words.

"If you would've told me like three years ago, that I would end up in a beautiful house with such an amazing spouse," you rolled your eyes and giggled at his stupid rhyme, "I would've laughed and said 'I wish'," he confessed.

"Well, your wish came true," you smiled.

"Thank god," Gerard agreed.

You could not resist the urge anymore and bent down to kiss him. When you had first met Gerard, his life had been a mess, he had been a mess. It was hard to believe that the drunken musician in the parking lot was the same man who now shot impressive videos as the one for 'Welcome to the Black Parade'. His lips were soft and warm, his hands immediately tangling in your still moist hair.

Exhaustion washed over you as you felt Gerard wrap you in his arms and your kisses got slower and lighter. Of course Gerard noticed, so he gently rolled you to the side and pulled the blanket over both of you. You smiled up at him, when he turned off the lights and snuggled close to his familiar body, seeking comfort in his warmth and the even sound of his breath.

"Sweet dreams," he whispered, pecking your nose softly.

"To you too," you answered, your voice already heavy from being so tired and close to sleep.

Gerard wrapped his arm around you, pulling you a little closer, and soon both of you were tight asleep, surrounded by the house in which you would grow old together.