Joe Trohman x Reader (x Patrick Stump)- Dance? Dance

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: Patrick is kind of an ass
Word
count: 2 224

With a sour glance you walked past one of the many posters that announced this year's spring prom that would take place this evening. You were torn between really, really wanting to go and hating prom for giving popular people the chance to demonstrate their power. But you had not been asked to go anyway, so you were already making plans to hang out at home with your two best friends Patrick and Joe. That was until Patrick bumped into you.

"Whoa, careful 'Trick!" You playfully shoved him and he smiled slightly embarrassed, adjusting the glasses on his nose.

"Hey (y/n)," he greeted, softly hugging you.

"Are you going to get lunch?"

Patrick nodded and together you made your way to the cafeteria. But something was up with Patrick. He nervously played around with his fingers and his eyes darted from left to right.

"Hey, what's up? You don't seem to be yourself," you wondered worriedly.

"It's nothing, it's just..." Patrick looked up at you and took a deep breath. "Would you like to go to prom with me?"

You stopped dead in your tracks and stared at him. Wow, that was unexpected. Was he trying to ask you out or did he mean it platonically? Did he maybe just pity you because every other girl was going to prom but you were not or did he himself want to go so desperately that he now even asked you to accompany him?

"Ahm...," confused you looked at him, hoping for further explanation.

But then again, Patrick was cute. Really cute. And he was one of the nicest people you had ever met, so if he wanted to try out a date, it definitely was worth a shot.

"You don't have to of course, I just thought it would be nice and we can just go as friends if you prefer that," he rushed out.

"No, I mean, yes, no," you stuttered, trying to find a good answer. "I mean, I'd love to go with you, as more than 'just friends'."

Patrick blushed and smiled widely. "Wow, great! That's brilliant. When do you want me to pick you up?"

You were blushing as well, completely enchanted by the idea of going on a date with Patrick. "How about half past seven," you suggested.

"Perfect," Patrick was beaming with joy. "I'm already really looking forward to tonight."

~*~

Several hours later you stood in front of your bedroom mirror and stared at your appearance. You were dressed in a long, flowing dress of your favorite color that made your eyes shine brightly. Your hair was styled in a beautiful hairdo and elegant makeup covered your face. You were especially proud of the fine line of eyeliner. All in all you looked really presentable. You grabbed your phone and took a look at the time. You were early. Patrick would come to pick you up in half an hour. Just in that moment the phone started ringing. Quickly you read the caller's ID. It was Patrick. Excited you picked up.

"Hey 'Trick," you greeted.

"Hi (y/n)," he answered.

He had barely spoken two words but you knew your friend and again something was up with him. His voice sounded nervous.

"What's up?" You decided to pretend not to have noticed anything.

"It's about tonight," Patrick started to explain.

"What is it?" Now you were curious.

"I'm afraid I can't go to the prom with you."

You stood there for a moment and let the news sink in. Absentmindedly you stared at your reflection in the mirror.