Nicole Row x Reader - The New Bassist

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 2 107

In the years of being a sound technician for Panic! at the Disco, you had seen bassists come and go. That Dallon had left the band made you sad, but it did not really come as a surprise to you. You had liked Dallon a lot and you were looking forward to his future projects, but right now you were nervous to meet the new bassist. The rest of the band had already met them, but you were 'just' a technician, so you had to wait until the first rehearsal to be introduced to the bassist.

The practice room was cool, but not cold and the touring band members were seated somewhere in the room between their instruments, cables and amplifiers. The only ones missing were Brendon and the new bassist, so it was no wonder everyone turned to the door when it opened. Brendon came skipping into the room, followed by a young woman.

"For those who don't know her yet," he announced, "meet Nicole!"

You could have sworn the earth stopped spinning when you laid eyes on her. The woman Brendon had introduced as Nicole had long, wavy blond hair and slightly tanned skin, making her look as if she spent the majority of the time at the beach. She had stunning blue eyes and wore a green sweater that she nervously pulled over her hands. The shy smile on her face was breathtakingly beautiful as she waved awkwardly to the musicians and technicians.

"(Y/n)?"

You were torn out of your trance by Brendon's voice.

"Can you help her set up the bass, please?"

You nodded and quickly got up from the spot on the floor you had been sitting at. Why were you so nervous all of a sudden? You just had to plug in some cables.

You walked over to Nicole, smiling at her and feeling your heart flutter as she smiled back.

"I'm (y/n)," you introduced yourself.

"Nice to meet you," she answered. Wow, her voice was so beautiful, just like everything about her.

"Nice to meet you too," you told her, leading her through the room, over to where you had prepared the amplifier for her.

You waited patiently until she had unpacked her bass and plugged in the necessary cables with skilled fingers. Quickly you helped her set the amplifier to the right volume, then you settled back down on the spot on the floor where you had been sitting earlier. The whole time your heart was beating fast and you could not take your eyes off of her.

~*~

There were only a few rehearsals until the first pop up show. You always made sure to be there as early as possible so you could spend every minute possible around Nicole. She had started talking to you the first day, asking you lots of questions about yourself, and you asked about her. Even though your nervousness had subsided over time, your heart still sped up when you saw her and often the simplest things she said drew a blush on your cheeks. But you noticed that she also blushed at a lot at the things you said, and she always came to talk to you during breaks or after practice and that made you feel more self-confidant. Soon you were full on flirting with each other, obvious to everyone but the two of you.

It was the last rehearsal before the first show. As usual the musicians and technicians were collected in the windowless practice room. You watched Nicole play, as always, and she shot you one of her breathtaking smiles every other minute. After a while Brendon announced a break and you quickly got up, walking over to Nicole, who seemed more nervous than usual.

"You alright," you asked, carefully placing a hand on her shoulder.

She nodded, before she looked at you. "Just not sure about tomorrow," she replied.