Mikey Way x Reader - Blood (Part Two)

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 2 033

When you came home that evening, you spent a long time in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at the two small, but deep holes in your skin. Your fingers ghosted over the wounds again and again, the pictures of Mikey's sharp teeth not leaving your mind. You had a hard time falling asleep that night and when you did the pictures of horror movie vampires chased you through your dreams. In the morning you felt worse than if you did not sleep at all.

You had hoped that after a few days you would be able to sleep again, but you were wrong. You spent the nights sleepless, trying to wrap your mind around the concept of vampires while ignoring the growing heartache in your chest. You missed Mikey. No matter how scared you were of him, of what he was, you missed him. The more time you spent apart from him the more you realized that you had in fact developed feelings for him, that it maybe had been more than a simple affair just out of fun. Once you had finally made your mind up about the whole vampire story, you missed him even more. You had come to the conclusion that, vampire or not, Mikey never had done harm to you and the bite that night had not been intended. If he would have planned on hurting you, he would have done it already. And it was understandable that he had kept it a secret from you. He probably had been scared of your reaction, fearing you would reject him. Which you had done. Of course you could have gone back to his apartment, and tell him that you understood, that you were not mad and hoped he would take you back. But you were afraid, it would be weird, appearing on his doorstep like that. Anyway, it had been three weeks and he probably had a new girlfriend by now.

That's what you told yourself as you sat down on your sofa, instead of walking out the door to go see him. You were incredibly tired. The day had been long and you had barely slept last night, you had only cried because you missed Mikey so much, but being too afraid to talk to him at the same time. You just reached for the tv remote when there was a knock on the door. Confused you got up. It was late in the evening, who would knock that late? Did your neighbor lock themselves out and needed their spare keys?

You opened the door and there he was.

You had not expected to see him. But now he stood in front of you, a strand of hair falling into his eyes, he looked down on you.

"Please don't kill me," he mumbled.

You did not know what to say. Even though you had missed him desperately, you were not sure how to react. That was the reason why you had not gone to his house.

Finally you managed to choke out a few words. "What do you want?" The words sounded ruder than you had intended, and you were afraid he might take it the wrong way, on the other hand he had just asked you not to kill him.

"I came to make things right, or at least try," he told you, "I want to show you something, but for that you'll have to come with me."

You hesitated. Mikey could kill or hurt you any moment, on the other hand, every man could. And Mikey had not hurt you once in all the time you had spent together, apart from the last time, but you were sure that had been an accident.

"Okay," you finally agreed. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see, but you'll need a jacket."

You shrugged, grabbed your jacket keys, and quickly put on some comfy shoes. Mikey led you out of the building and to an old black car. For a moment you hesitated to get in, but realized you had already made the decision to trust him so you might as well get into the car.

The night was cold and clear, the moon shone so brightly that there were even shadows, giving the landscape a mystical atmosphere. Mikey drove out of town and far into the fields. Soon the streets got smaller and bumpier.