Part 4 Target | Edited

There was an elder gentleman at the opposite end of the class, who appeared to be part-goblin. He waved his hand towards you two as soon as he heard the thud of the door.

"Ah! Lily Evans, you're late!" - his voice squeaked as his eyes jumped at you "You must be <___>! No need to be shy, come forward"

As Lily lowered her head and dashed for her seat, you trekked towards the professor, feeling heads trail your every footstep.

The seating in the room was odd. There was one, long pathway in the centre of the room leading to either the professor's desk or the door directly opposite. On the right side of the class, house Gryffindor had been seated in the front row. Just behind them, by the wall, sat house Ravenclaw.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the footpath, the front row on the left was occupied by house Slytherin. Which meant that Hufflepuff sat just behind Slytherins, in the second row.

Once you reached the charms master, he shook your hand "Professor Filius Flitwick"

"Pleasure, sir" - you replied, releasing his pale hand

"Why don't you introduce yourself to your new classmates?" - Flitwick smiled, he was trying to be friendly.

"Oh... err--" - you looked at the majority of the students who were silently viewing you, and you couldn't tell what was possibly going through their thoughts "Well I'm <___>, a transfer from Ilvermorny, so I'm a new student here"

Nobody in the room even seemed to fidget, they continued to watch you blankly. In-between some faces, you could see Lily's comforting smile.

"Well done, see it wasn't that bad" - the teacher smiled at you

You sent him a fake smile then whispered to yourself "Haven't soiled my trousers like that since that one time in the mexican buffet and the food turned out to be expired"

Flitwick, hadn't heard your murmurs, proceeded "There is a free seat next to Lily, why don't you sit there, please"

Your feet clattered against the floor as you rushed to sit down next to your new friend as soon as possible.

You could still see some people in front of you who were facing you, a.k.a. some students from slytherin and Hufflepuff still observed you. It made you feel quite uncomfortable. You didn't know who to look at either as you had no idea what Tom Riddle looked like before he turned into a snake looking, bald creature.

"Now, everyone" - Flitwick's squeaky voice echoed between the walls "Grab your wands and repeat after me!" - he flicked his wrist delicately at the screeching raven in front of him "Silencio!" - the black bird let out no sound from its open beak - the animal had gone completely mute.

You grabbed your wand and waved it at the bird in front of you. Your voice got lost among the chaotic efforts of other students who were silencing their ravens at the same time.