Part 18 Oppression | ReWritten

"Come on!" - A ravenclaw girl trekked by the great lake, two other girls trailing behind her, all of whom were following the one fidgeting figure in front of them "Where are you going, sulking Myrtle? You watch out before those glasses fall off your head!"

Myrtle's nervous eyes scanned the area around her and there weren't a lot of people, but those who took notice, didn't even bother to give the taunting a double glimpse.

"Hey! Are you deaf or something?" - the girl continued

Myrtle kept shuddering, her face looked paler than usual and her shoulders were tight as she lowered her already trembling chin. She walked regardless being terrified of the three bullies behind her.

"I'm talking to you! Don't you dare ignore me!" - she grabbed Myrtle's shoulder, stopping her in place. Myrtle held back a yelp as the girl proceeded "Can't look me in the eye, huh? You're more dull than a dementor!"

From afar, the group of girls heard a voice come their way

"Hey!"

They looked at the source, spotting a Gryffindor girl rushing over to them, barely seeing the fury in her brown eyes that were covered by her fringe as her shoulder-length brown hair swirled back against the wind.

The ravenclaw student let out a disgusted snort "Mary Macdonald, is it?"

Mary stopped before them, her nose wrinkled from anger "Olive Hornby."

"Stay out of this" - Olive sneered

Mary glimpsed at Myrtle, briefly locking with her terrified eyes. "You can go" - she stretched out her hand before Olive, blocking her way as Myrtle quickly stumbled on her feet and rushed towards Hogwarts's main entrance.

"I told you to stay out of this." - Olive bitterly said "Who do you think you are to intervene?"

"Sorry, it was hard to understand you over your naffy voice."

And then another couple of voices interrupted as you and Molly rushed over to them.

"Mary" - Molly panted "You forgot your broom" - she stretched out the wooden transport, but as Mary was about to grab it, Olive flicked her wand and the broom flew over to her grasp instead.

You all looked at her in shock, unable to predict her next move. Different thoughts were going through your head - you were afraid she might break it.

"Nice broom." - Olive inspected the newest edition object before she mounted it and took off into the air, glaring down at the three of you. "Flies well too." - she shrewdly smirked

Mary sighed before she noticed that you accio'd a broom right next to her. Mary stopped you before you could take off, uttering "Just ignore that, I'll get another one. My mother is solid rich"

"It's not about that" - you replied, leaning in as you hopped on your feet and rose up into the air after Olive.

Just like that, Olive flew as quick as one tick and you followed steeply after, rolling and diving across Hogwarts' lot as all of the students below would rush over to the middle and trail the sight of you soaring across the sky above the school.

You both weaved and spiraled around Hogwarts's rooftops. Olive chuckled as she squeezed through narrow turns in her desperate attempts to throw you off. But you wouldn't. Your eyes were fixed on your target and you were determined to catch up to her.

She jerked her wand and your broom shook to the side. You slipped, almost plunging down. But you clawed onto it in time then pulled yourself up onto it again with any strength you had. Olive laughed flying in front, who was looking at you over her left shoulder. Her laughter halted once she noticed you clench your wand and as you flicked it at her, she instantly managed to dodge the spell.

Until eventually, suddenly mid-flight, her broom stopped and she fell downwards, but before she'd clash against the grass, her body hovered a couple inches above until she dropped again.

She got back on her feet, unable to see who it was that just caused her to fall off as no-one would give out an obvious sign on their faces.

You, on the other hand, landed safely on your feet.

There were groups of students around you and that's when you noticed Molly stand next to Mary on the side. Both of whom were standing beside Sirius Black, who had freshly tucked his wand back into his robe.

You flashed Sirius a quick smile, aware you'll be seeing him soon.

And then you noticed Apollyon, who squeezed past the students. He took a short glimpse at fallen Olive and then you - it looked bad. He let out a quiet growl as he led you to professor Dippet's office.

At the office, Dippet didn't expel you. Instead, he gave you a lecture about how reckless your actions were. Especially when you already had a fight between yourself and another student recently.
Hence why he took away double amount of points he usually would from your house. As you left his room, you saw Olive enter after.