Part 75 In His Arms

Noticing how Lily slowly started to regain her consciousness, you knew her and Sirius would now be fine if you left. You didn't want to cause any more trouble.

You looked into Tom's eyes, gently brushing his cheek with your palm "Take me away from here, Tom."

Without a word, Riddle used the apparition spell and instantly teleported both of you out of the woods. Next thing you knew you were in a barely lit, renaissance looking bedroom. Was it his bedroom? 

Even though it looked barely looked after and it was small, the decor still looked a little fancy

Even though it looked barely looked after and it was small, the decor still looked a little fancy. Since Tom had been moving around from place to place, he did not care about where he stayed.

Due to your injuries, you had your arms wrapped around him as a support to walk. He led you to his bed and laid you down on top of it.

He inspected all of the wounds and bruises scattered around your flesh "Allow me." - he took his wand out of his sleeve and uttered some spells. As you watched them slowly fade one by one, soon enough you found yourself completely fresh and free of cuts.

"Thank you..." - you warmly smiled at him, sitting up on the bed.

Tom sat down next to you and as he was gazing at you, it looked like he wanted to apologize but he had a hard time figuring out what to say. Irritated by his own inner conflict, he grabbed onto his own head and placed his elbows on his knees. He brushed his hands from his face to his hair, lifting up his curly fringe with his soft fingers.

You could of guessed what he wanted to say. You grabbed his palms and held onto them tightly "It's okay." - you noticed the slight strike of relief in his face after you said that. "As much as I would love to, I cannot change who you are."

He took back his hands and gently stroke your arms "Are you warm?" - he dismissed your speech, with his soft, soothing British accent.

You brushed your hands together "It's a little chilly in here"

He got off the bed and faced the fireplace that laid in the far corner, the opposite of the bed "Incendio" - the orange and red flame spat out of his wand and set the dry, old wood resting inside the fireplace on blaze. The whole room quickly spread the aroma of trifling, slight smoke coming from the burnt logs.

He placed his wand inside an inner pocket of his black robe then sat back down.

When he would try to look into your eyes he couldn't - he would not be able to maintain eye contact. It seemed like something was deeply bothering him.

"Tom..." - you called out his name, stretching out your hand towards his leg

But he brushed it away, shuddering at the sound of his name "You must rest." 

As he got up and began to leave the room you managed to grab the back of his cloak just in time "Rest with me"

Riddle was staggered at such bold words. Nobody would ever dare to command him like this.